Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
This Account Manager will be responsible for managing a large multi-faceted client and the various deliveries and programs related to the client. The Account Manager will manage the client relationship and support sales function activities related to the client. Additionally, you will work with the customer support team to align with account plans, identify and close key sales opportunities across the account. To excel in this role, you must be detail oriented, organized and ability to thrive in cross-functional environments.
What You Will Do
- Own client relationship across multiple business departments and internally at SPINS to ensure delivery of contractual obligations
- Identify and implement solutions for clients that utilize SPINS unique data assets by understanding the roles and data needs across the client organization
- Ability to work effectively across various internal and external teams by demonstrating clear and concise communication skills
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills to foster new and existing relationships across the client’s organization based upon SPINS product offerings
- Identify opportunities where customer value will increase through up-selling and cross-selling activities.
- Lead calls with client to review all outstanding projects and organize next steps and path forward to deliver on time results
- Maintain and keep updated records for Client Dashboards in CRM
- Build communication plan with the Onsite lead, your manager and client to build the renewal plan, and manage the client engagement process
What You Bring
- Strong business acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization and internally
- Excellent organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally to drive forward projects and relationships
- Sales Execution: ability to understand the sales process and maintain billing clients while driving new business through our partner program
- Proficient in Excel, Salesforce, & Power Point
- Experience with using CRM Software
- 3+ years of experience with a Retailer, Distributor, Broker or Manufacturer (preference for Distributor) AND/OR 5+ years of experience in account/relationship management, Customer Success and/or partner development
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and team SPINS Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.