Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, profitable, remote forever, and growing quickly, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Quartz , Crains, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for a self-driven and collaborative Accountant to join our team and make a big impact.
As an Accountant, you’ll work closely with our Senior Accountant & Controller to help shape and optimize processes, oversee key accounting functions such as A/P and cash management and assist with our monthly close process. This role will have exposure to many different accounting areas and opportunities for growth within the team.
What you’ll do:
- Perform accounting close processes; independently prepare reconciliations and journal entries and assist with preparations of financial statements
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions including A/P, GL and bank reconciliations
- Assist in expense reimbursement processing and ensure proper recording and reconciliation
- Analyze financial results to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Continuously seek ways to optimize existing accounting and business processes through use of automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry to help scale our processes with our growing business
- Support ERP implementation, perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, and assist with additional special projects as needed
- Work cross-departmentally to troubleshoot and provide guidance when requested
- Participate in corporate compliance functions including financial statement audit, tax and other items as needed
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience, at least 1 years in operational accounting role within a high-growth company
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- On track to be CPA certified preferred
- Advanced experience with financial ERP systems required (NetSuite preferred)
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, dependable with deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high level of attention to detail
- SaaS or Technology industry experience is strongly preferred
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for our Accountant role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A final interview with several team members
The starting salary for this role is between $65,000 and $79,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer a select plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 70% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, and a Flexible Spending Account. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 10+ paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented No Internal Meeting Fridays year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Self-funded means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
If you’re excited about an opportunity at Muck Rack but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements of the role outlined here, please don’t let it stop you from applying. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want to hear from you. You may be a great fit for this role or another position on our team. We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process and candidate experience.