Accounting Manager/Capital Markets
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The General Ledger team is a growing sub-team within the Accounting department, responsible for core day-to-day accounting. Working alongside Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting, we ensure all business transactions are recorded accurately and timely, for ultimate reporting to management and investors. The Accounting Manager is a key player on our team, helping us to move faster as we grow. As a public company, we have lots to learn and lots to build, and we hope you’ll join us during this exciting phase!
What you'll do
- Envision and execute improvements to day-to-day accounting and close procedures in core business areas of capital markets (loan sales, facilities, securitization) and Treasury (investments and hedging)
- Work with Technical Accounting team to adapt and incorporate new deal transactions or standards into the procedures of the General Ledger team
- Review workpapers and reconciliations prepared by Accounting Lead and Sr Accountant team members
- Help build and maintain high standards in our work product to support our SOX compliance
- Seek out and build cross-functional relationships with members of Capital Markets, Treasury, Legal, and Product/Engineering to help incorporate business plans and knowledge into the General Ledger team
- Prepare journal entries or reconciliations for complex or sensitive transactions, as needed
What we look for
- CPA license and experience in public accounting, preferably Big 4
- 6+ years experience in accounting and/or finance, including recent experience as an Accounting Manager of a rapidly growing startup
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting including loan accounting, transfers of financial assets and hedge accounting, and SOX requirements
- Orientation toward process and detail mindedness, strong analytical and quantitative skills and superior accounting skills
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and verbally
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.