Agent, Contract Design
We Are Hiring:
The Resource Group, a subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in resource and supply chain management.
Through implementation of its User-Directed Integrated Solutions, The Resource Group transforms the resource and supply function by delivering value through Operations and Logistics Optimization, Strategic Sourcing, and Change Management. Although it specializes in these areas, as its core, The Resource Group is rooted in the ideals of hospitality and believes that success is measured by the satisfaction of the customer. The Resource Group’s success has allowed it to expand and serve various healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves over 2,700 locations including over 155 acute care hospitals across 22 states and Washington D.C.
This success and value are delivered by The Resource Group’s people, and it is the people and culture that enables The Resource Group to achieve success while working toward the common goal of lowering the cost of healthcare.
As such, The Resource Group believes in:
1) Hiring talent from all industries and demographics to foster innovation and diversity of thought and experience
2) Investing in the people who deliver long-term success to our Participants
3) Transforming the way our associates develop so they can help transform the organizations we serve
4) Creating a culture of continuous learning to prosper in an ever-changing business environment
The Resource Group offers exciting opportunities for all levels of professionals and views resource and supply management as a dynamic career with opportunities for growth and advancement within and across disciplines and teams. Positions are available across a number of strategic resource and supply management roles, allowing multiple entry points into The Resource Group. Learn more about our company our culture and our remote work options at TheResourceGroup.com
What You Will Do:
This role falls within The Resource Group's Strategic Sourcing Solution. The Strategic Sourcing Solution is a discipline-based model that uses collaboration to deliver savings and end-user satisfaction. Instead of contracting for resources and supplies end-users may or may not want to use, communities within The Resource Group's Strategic Sourcing Solution take a different approach and focus on contracting for the supplies and services that meet the criteria determined by caregivers.
As an Agent, Contract Design, you will be responsible for the identification and development of national strategies for contracting products and services that support Participants including The Resource Group, Ascension health ministries, and other key stakeholders. Under direction of the Contract Design Manager, the Contract Design Agent advances the development of specified contracts and pricing agreements. He or she does this while ensuring all contracts provide cost-effective products and services that are consistent, dependable, and clinically acceptable by caregivers and other end-users. A key function of this role is listening to end-users and collaborating with other stakeholders to develop a list of acceptable attributes in an end product or service. Using this information, the Agent then supports contract development to provide cost-effective supplies, equipment, and services. The role works with the eSourcing team to explore new strategies to drive additional value in contracting.
- Engages the specified manager(s) and Resource Group leaders in aligning contract opportunities with the mission and strategies of healthcare Participants
- Leads and supports the development of contracting efforts through end-user engagement by collecting attributes for contracted products and services
- Utilize eSourcing tools to develop Request for Information (RFI) or Proposal (RFP) with an aim towards gathering relevant attribute data and other information required to support Strategic Sourcing projects
- Discover and discuss contracting implications, challenges, and other potential details with Sourcing agent counterpart prior to negotiations
- Present findings to team members and collect feedback on the professional and clinicals acceptability, along with overall values. Repeats process until end-users have agreed upon acceptable suppliers.
- Helps measure and monitor cost-reduction opportunities through contract development and modifications in utilization; supports associated work plans
- Facilitates communication of clinically or operationally relevant information such as related product recalls/alerts, clinical benefits and educational opportunities, contract announcements and other communication strategies
- Supports ongoing contract lifecycle management resolving matters pertaining to performance, commercial terms, payments, etc.
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 0 to 3 years of relevant professional experience in contract management, contract strategies, and/or collaborative engagement
- Healthcare setting experience preferred
The Resource Group’s value is delivered through its people, and it is our people and culture that enables us to achieve success. We have created an environment where individuals can thrive while working toward the common goal of lowering the cost of healthcare. Passion and hard work are necessary to accomplish this goal, and we are always looking for people who bring a fresh perspective. In addition to the experience listed below, all Resource Group associates embody the following soft skills and attributes: Nice, Bright, High-Energy, Inclusive, Willing to Give Away Power, Inspired by Mission, Invigorated by Change.
Why Join Our Team:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.