Analyst - Financial Reporting
The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Protective is searching for an Analyst to join the Financial Reporting team that can work virtually or hybrid with our team based in our Birmingham, AL corporate headquarters.
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position
This position is responsible for preparing accounting and financial reporting for assigned transactions and lines of business related to life insurance and annuity products and other corporate reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries related to universal life and annuity products.
- Assist with ongoing process improvements related to universal life product journal entries.
- Utilize knowledge of the UL journal entry process to assist in development of comparable processes during future acquisitions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations related to accounts relevant to assigned responsibilities.
- Contribute to the preparation of schedules and filing requirements related to JGAAP reporting and global industry surveys.
- Assist with corporate financial reporting journal entries, reports, and other assigned deliverables.
- Assist with the preparation of files used for earnings analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and reports for certain affiliated subsidiaries.
- Identify and resolve issues that may arise related to assigned transactions.
- Contribute to the execution of special projects and initiatives impacting the Company or relevant Divisions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or a minimum of five or more years of applicable experience, preferably in the insurance environment
- Thorough experience working in Microsoft Excel
- Insurance accounting experience a plus
- Experience with SAP S/4HANA ERP a plus
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills including ability to analyze impacts of business processes and systems on assigned duties
- Ability to identify, understand and make accurate evaluations and/or corrections for unusual fluctuations and/or errors
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team as required.
- Strong communication skills in order to work across teams
- Organized and detail oriented
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $47,500 to $60,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities [through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance] OR [through cash compensation as part of a sales incentive plan (SIP).
We aim to protect our employees' wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits ( e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.
Diversity and Inclusion :
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees are able to fully contribute and thrive. Our goal is to grow and develop our people, attract diverse talent and support strong, diverse communities.
We support diversity, equity, and inclusion by working to develop a culture of inclusion and belonging led by leaders who develop potential and embrace unique skills and abilities. Our aim is to create an equitable and accountable environment for all leaders and employees that will drive performance and impact business strategy. In this way, we can increase overall diversity for leadership roles and pipelines of talent by maturing our hiring practices, robust development opportunities and focus on retention of key talent.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.