Application / Client Support Rep
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Agency Interface Services (AIS) is the help desk supporting external facing quoting and servicing applications for Independent Hartford Agents and Insured’s such as EBC (Agent Portal), ICON (Small Commercial Quoting), NewCo (Personal Lines Quoting) and TREO (Claims Management). As well, AIS serves as the internal help desk for Policy Center (ComPAS) and CUE (Middle Market Quoting). AIS works in tandem with agents, internal customers and with the business application teams in order to make certain that New Business, Midterm and Renewal transactions are able to be processed smoothly.
- The Systems Support Representative position is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress into a technical support/problem solving focused career.
- Taking first level calls and chats from agents and internal users looking for assistance in ICON, EBC, TREO, NewCo, Policy Center or CUE.
- Basic to intermediate troubleshooting of error messages, navigation help and providing workarounds to customers on known issues.
- Precise documentation using My Tech Express is integral to partnership with the Business Application Teams for proper reporting and trending of issues.
Training Hours: Monday–Friday
- 8:30 am to 5:00 pm EST
- Training timeframe - 6 weeks
Post Training Hours: Monday-Friday
- 11:30 am to 8:00 pm EST
- Customer support experience in a call center environment preferred
- Dedicated to providing a high quality/low effort experience to customers
- Focus on continuous learning and feedback
- Experienced in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment, talking to customers while simultaneously accessing a variety of systems for troubleshooting and documentation
- Team player (engages in team activities, dependable, shares knowledge, contributes/solicits ideas and opinions, offers encouragement, flexible, enthusiastic, listens, respects others)
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, excellent work ethic and personal accountability
- Ability to work in a structured work call center work environment with defined schedules
- Adherence to assigned work schedule and demonstrate reliable attendance
- Self-motivation to reach and exceed goals
You need to have:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while navigating multiple programs and effectively use on-line resources
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to think in the gray to solve customer problems where there is no clear or straight forward process/answer
- High speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit
- from your personal computer.
How We Focus on Your Wellbeing:
- This is a work from home position providing you with the opportunity to balance a fulfilling work and personal life
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance. Effective day 1.
- 19 days paid time off in your first full year and Paid Holidays
Tuition reimbursement - up to $5,250 (undergraduate) and $6,000 (graduate) for tuition and registration fees for degree programs that support your career development (subject to additional requirements)
Student Loan Paydown Program – eligible to participate after 6 months of service. The Hartford will make a direct contribution of $125 per month – with a lifetime maximum up to $10,000 – as a supplemental payment towards your student loan in order to help you manage the stress of student debt and help you pay down your student loan faster
- Paid volunteer opportunities
- Click on this link to learn more about our comprehensive benefits package and award-winning well-being program:
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$44,240 - $66,360Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Culture & Employee Insights
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Assoc Client Tech - IC10BN