Art Director (video)
INDG is actively looking for an Art Director who will be responsible for continuous creative oversight and creation of videos for our wide range of clients. INDG does all things around 3D, focusing on presenting physical products in digital space in all sorts of interesting ways.
While experience in 3D is not necessary, it is highly beneficial as most of our videos are CGI animations. We are looking for someone with strong storytelling and high-quality art direction skills, who can lead an international team of experienced 3D (and 2D) artists. We are also considering other backgrounds like film, advertising, motion graphics and video games, to name a few. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, owning projects from concept to delivery.
At INDG we develop technology that enables engaging, hyper-realistic digital product experiences. Our goal is to make "every product playable", by combining the science of technology with the artistry of computer-generated content. Our offices are in Amsterdam and Bucharest and we have an ever-growing team of remote workers from different areas of the world – the US, Singapore, Brazil, South Africa.. Clients include Adidas, The North Face, Hillrom, Yamaha, Philips and more. Our CG artists, interactive designers, and developers focus on creating virtual versions of our clients' products, so lifelike it feels like you could reach out and touch them. Our culture brings together creative, tech and business individuals. It’s a heady cocktail that keeps us inspired, empowered and passionate.
- Creating concepts and coming up with ways to explain them to clients and team members alike: via pitch decks, style proposals, storyboards, sketches, mood boards, mock-ups, you name it.
- Interpreting client briefs, identifying their needs and translating them into a clear direction for the team.
- Coming up with ways to bring everyone around to the next level of video projects, while meeting the project’s objectives and client expectations.
- Coordinating in-house and external teams, providing constructive feedback and approvals.
- Overseeing all aspects of video production from concept to delivery. Ensuring our videos meet the creative and visual quality we stand for, end-to-end.
Would be nice if you…
- Have 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Love products. We do headphones, motorcycles and MRI systems alike, so candidates should be prepared to grok how stuff works from day one. If you don’t know what grok is, grok the word grok.
- Love humans. Art-directors inside INDG are in direct contact with English-speaking customers, defending and explaining their concepts and with English-speaking talented artists all over the world, leading the execution of these concepts.
- Love stories and moving images. Storytelling skills are as crucial as an exceptional eye -and an exceptional eye for detail. You have a portfolio or reel that reflects this.
- We are not going to ask you to love deadlines, but you should feel comfortable to lead the team through milestones even when time is tight and stress levels are high.
- Have a hands-on attitude. Editing, animation or motion graphics knowledge is a big plus. We expect all candidates to be digitally fluent, but skills in After Effects, Premiere or other postproduction tools are highly regarded.
What we offer
This is a remote friendly role. Most of us work from Amsterdam or Bucharest, and if you’re close to any of the two, we’re more than happy to welcome you in our offices. Working at INDG Grip means you’ll be supported with flexible working agreements, an annual L&D budget, mental health and gym benefits, paid annual leave and the right IT equipment for the job. For those working from our office, we offer a well-equipped kitchen with snacks, fruits, lunch, and creative workspaces.
How to apply
You can apply via the link below. Please be aware that we ask you to send your (up-to-date) CV and portfolio along with your application.