Associate General Counsel
Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
PAR Technology Corporation is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join its growing Legal Team. You will be responsible for providing legal advice and support on all corporate legal matters, including mergers & acquisitions, capital markets transactions, public company corporate governance and policies, Board support, and SEC and NYSE compliance matters. This is a senior role, reporting directly to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
- Lead and provide legal advice and support in capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic transactions, including facilitating due diligence, contract drafting and review, preparing
- SEC and NYSE disclosure documents/filings and coordinating closing matters.
- Serve as Legal’s lead for SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, and Section 16 reports/filings.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including preparing Board and Committee materials, policies, and other special projects
- Structure, negotiate, and draft a wide range of commercial agreements on an as-needed basis,
- including software and technology licenses, employment and other professional service agreements, supply and procurement agreements.
- Identify and evaluate issues and manage risks associated with commercial transactions.
- Collaborate with internal clients at all levels to effectively minimize legal risk to the business while supporting and assisting in the achievement of PAR Technology’s business and strategic objectives.
- Proactively support the PAR Technology business team in structuring, executing, and concluding commercial transactions.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legal principles, practices, and trends.
- Continued adherence to ethical principles, company values, code of conduct, and policies.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of and experience practicing in the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities
- Exchange Act of 1934 Act, Schedule 14A, Regulations S-K and S-X, NYSE rules, and New York (and Delaware) corporate law(s).
- Experience in public company SEC reporting documents, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements and Section 16 reports/filings.
- Strong SEC disclosure drafting skills.
- Mergers and acquisitions and other transactional experience is required.
- Experience in technology licensing and other arrangements preferred.
- Ability to drive results and offer informed and collaborative solutions.
- Must possess strong, independent work ethic, resourcefulness, and flexibility.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- A self-starter, who is accountable for his or her decisions and work product.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking, and a proactive, solution-oriented approach.
- Superior analytical and writing skills.
- D. from an accredited law school.
- Must be admitted to practice law in New York State.
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience, primarily in corporate & securities law matters.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.