B2B Social Media Specialist
Candidates must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Yelp is looking for a part-time Yelp for Restaurants Social Media Specialist for our growing Social Media team. The ideal candidate knows how to tell a good story, is quick to adapt to the ever-changing social media and restaurants landscape and can pull metrics to prove success. He/she/they also believes that the best B2B marketing is really all about human connections.
As the sole restaurants-focused social media specialist on the team, you’ll work with other team members inside and outside of Yelp to develop content that generates restaurant owner traffic to Yelp for Restaurants. The goal is to make meaningful and helpful connections with business owners while building relationships that reintroduce the new Yelp for Restaurants to an industry with strong opinions about the Yelp brand.
You will handle the day-to-day management and growth of Yelp for Restaurants’ corporate social media presence across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You should have a direct knowledge of the B2B social landscape and a passion for building communities of business owners online and for creating engaging content.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Social Media team, contribute to Yelp’s growth, and be a part of Yelp’s first internal startup.
We are seeking a long-term, 25-29 hours per week, Specialist to support our efforts.
This is a part-time role based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- You will manage the Yelp for Restaurants content calendar for Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, including copywriting and visual asset creation.
- You will handle the day-to-day posting of content and social community interactions and conversations on the Yelp for Restaurants Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages.
- You will moderate and respond to comments on organic and paid posts across all social pages.
- You will identify trends and conversations in the restaurant space for content creation opportunities.
- You will utilize social listening/sentiment tools to recommend enhancements to the Yelp for Restaurants social strategy.
- You will work closely with the Yelp for Restaurants marketing team to sync social content with new articles, events (in-person and virtual), and campaign themes.
- You know how to run paid social campaigns.
What it takes to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Journalism, Communication, English, or relevant professional experience.
- You have 3+ years of direct, hands-on experience supporting B2B social properties in a corporate environment.
- You have experience with B2B social media copywriting and asset coordination for multiple accounts.
- You have video centric social experience with channels such as: Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- You have experience with community management.
- You must be a creative at heart with the ability to contribute to social media content.
Compensation range is $25-$32 an hour.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
Interested? Please submit a resume and portfolio.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.