***This is a permanently remote position which can be home-based anywhere in the US***
For over 100 years, the American Cancer Society has improved the lives of people with cancer and their families but its ability to transform the lives of millions of people is not well told, understood or communicated. We are looking for a Bilingual Copywriter to join our team and help us tell our story. Reporting to the Sr. Copywriter, the Bilingual Copywriter is responsible for researching, creating and writing copy in English and Spanish that properly reflects our brand mission, while finding innovative ways to articulate stories that resonates in the US Hispanic population, creates impact and infiltrates US Hispanic culture.
- Works with Art Directors and Graphic Designers in partnership to generate concepts.
- Solid understanding of the US Hispanic culture.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner for all different forms of media, including manifestos, scripts, digital, content and experiential in English and Spanish,
- Attend project kick-off meetings with Marcomm leaders and project managers.
- Participates in creative brainstorms.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Brings own original ideas to the meeting and share with team.
- Builds upon other participants’ ideas.
- Gives and receive feedback in a respectful manner.
- Writes copy based on strategy, concept/idea, target audience and brand guidelines.
- Ensures tone and language is appropriate and align to our mission.
- Presents work to the senior creative team members.
- Further explore and/or revise concept per creative lead’s direction.
- Maintains and enforces a consistent brand voice across all forms of media.
The Ideal Candidate
- Fluency in writing in Spanish and English
- 3+ years of experience as a copywriter in an agency or in-house creative department.
- Experience and passion for purpose-driven brands is a strong plus.
- A portfolio that showcases writing examples.
- Knowledge of current trends and pop culture including Hispanic.
- Able to accept constructive feedback and apply in work.
- Current knowledge and understanding of where and how people interact with media, including at home, on the go, mobile, broadcast, print, event, etc.
- Ability to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Proactively seeks out additional projects.
Special Mental or Physical Demands
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
The compensation range established for this position begins at a minimum of $59100 per year. Actual starting pay may differ based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.