BELAY is looking for qualified bookkeepers to provide bookkeeping services to our clients. This is a 1099 Independent Contractor role working remotely from your home office. Your hours are flexible, however, you must have availability during normal business hours as this role does not work in conjunction with another full-time office position.
**Please note: You may work as few or as many hours as you would like, but it can take 6-9 months to ramp up to full-time hours. BELAY provides the organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
In addition to the following job duties, qualified candidates must be responsive, customer-focused, great communicators, team players and able to multi-task. All of the duties performed are done remotely, so candidates must be comfortable on the phone and with using web conferencing applications such as Zoom. Candidates must also be able to clearly communicate via email, text, etc. in a timely, professional fashion.
- Pay Client’s Bills on a Weekly Basis
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Budget Management
- Cash Flow Management
- Journal and Data Entry (Coding)
- Provide Clients with Weekly & Monthly Reports
- Weekly/Monthly Balance Sheet (Statement of Financial Position)
- Weekly/Monthly P&L (Income Statement)
- Weekly/Monthly Budget vs. Actual
- Other Custom Reports (as required)
- Maintain and Manage Chart of Accounts
- Debit/Credit Cards Reconciliation
- 1099 Preparation
- Process payroll: including set-up, scheduling, and frequency
- E-Commerce Support
- Tax Filing
- Bachelors in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5 years prior accounting and/or bookkeeping
- Payroll experience
- In-depth understanding of QuickBooks (desktop and online)
- Home Office setup
- Computer with webcam
- Smartphone with email capabilities and push notifications
- High-Speed Internet Access
- Current version of QuickBooks installed on your home PC
Thank you for your interest in BELAY. Please note that all extended contracts may be contingent upon background checks. Additionally, BELAY participates in E-Verify.
*We are currently accepting applications from residents of all states EXCEPT California, Montana, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Applicants living in these states will not be considered for contract opportunities at this time.
DISCLAIMER: We are aware of several fake job listings. Please only apply directly on fountain.com/belay/apply or on our jobs page https://belaysolutions.com/jobs/