Business Analytics Manager Sr
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. We are looking for a self-motivated, quantitative professional to lead our Testing Science team to deliver actionable insights to business partners. This position is on the Analytic Insights and Solutions (AIS) team within the larger Decision Analytics and Reporting (DAR) department.
This is a remote position within one of the following markets; Pittsburgh, PA., Cleveland, OH., Philadelphia, PA., Downers Grove, IL, Birmingham, AL, or Houston, TX . Surrounding markets may be considered. In person activities may occur periodically based on business need.
As a Senior Business Analytics Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leadership and Talent Development: Lead and develop a team of Testing Science quantitative professionals in the delivery of actionable insights to support strategic business imperatives.
- Thought Leadership: You will seek to understand the business strategy, opportunities, and challenges at an executive level, and transfer that knowledge into a Testing Science strategy and plan that supports the business objectives.
- Business Partner Development: Develop strong relationships with our business partners by demonstrating empathy and resilience, instilling trust and ensuring accountability.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following characteristics:
- Prior experience leading quantitative professionals.
- Background in Data Science, Marketing Science, Computer Science or Operations Research with demonstrated analytical experience is a priority.
- Experience in using Experimental Design methods to drive business outcomes.
- Experience building analytic technology platforms to enable insights at scale.
- Experience in Bayesian Statistics, Optimization and Meta-Analysis a strong desire.
- Knowledge of modern testing methods, such as Multi-Armed Bandits or Reinforced Learning a plus.
- Knowledge of Digital Testing and Optimization a plus.
- Ability to manage change through a blend of sound judgement, innovative strategic thinking, adaptability, and clear communications.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and communicate complex analytic insights in a way that enables our business partners to take effective actions.
- Demonstrated strengths in championing diversity, seeking perspective and adapting to differences
- Directs the strategic design, management, and implementation of an enterprise-wide business analytics programs to drive customer solutions, service innovation and profitability.
- Leads development and execution of complex analytical solutions to meet business requirements .
- Leading the research, development and adoption of new and emerging analytics technologies; identifying technology-based business opportunities.
- Implementing mechanisms for ensuring that information provided is accurate, meaningful, has integrity, manages risk and meets the needs of the senior leadership.
- Directing, motivating, developing and managing the performance of the management team and key staff.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
PNC also has fundamental expectations of our people managers. As a manager of talent in PNC, you will be expected to:
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and customers.
Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.Business Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.Business Case Justification – Knowledge of the how's and why's of preparing and justifying business cases and value propositions; ability to justify business expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, ROI, opportunities, and risks.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Organizational Savvy and Politics – Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education
BachelorsAdditional Job Description
PNC offers employees a comprehensive range of benefits to help meet your needs now and in the future. Depending on your eligibility, options for full-time employees include medical/prescription drug coverage (with a Health Savings Account feature); dental and vision options; employee and spouse/child life insurance; short- and long-term disability protection; maternity and parental leave; paid holidays, vacation days and occasional absence time; 401(k), pension and stock purchase plans; dependent care reimbursement account; back-up child/elder care; adoption assistance; educational assistance and a robust wellness program with financial incentives. To learn more about these and other programs, including benefits for part-time employees, visit pncbenefits.com > New to PNC.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.