Chief Product Officer
Tinybeans is a publicly-traded tech company that is in active growth mode, continuing to invest in fulfilling our mission- to connect parents and their families with the most trusted tools on the planet to help them thrive. We feel fortunate to be welcoming more users to our platforms than ever before and playing an even more important role in parents’ lives.
With a platform reach of over 20 million users, a deep content partnership with Apple and a 5-star App Store rating, Tinybeans is on a mission to help families create real connections with each other and with tailored resources to help them thrive.
Your Part in Our Mission:
The CPO role will be responsible for setting product vision, strategy and leading the team to grow our scalable future while supporting our current business. This role will have a significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the product, platform, user experience, and lead our product vision and long-term roadmap. This role will also support and scale our engineering team and ensure we deliver the best possible product experience for millions of parents. We have ambitious yet realistic growth goals over the next 3 years and you will be one of the key players on our path to success.
The CPO makes all executive decisions with regard to the technological interests of the company and leads the charge to develop memorable products that drives Tinybeans’ flywheel of growth. They are responsible for outlining the company’s product and technological vision, implementing strategies, and ensuring that the resources are aligned with the company’s business need
CPO will partner with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team to develop a product vision, strategy, objectives, goals, and long-term roadmap to ensure we deliver the best possible product experience for our users, while setting Tinybeans on a trajectory of accelerated and sustainable growth
- CPO will partner with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team to develop a product vision, strategy, objectives, goals, and long-term roadmap to ensure we deliver the best possible product experience for our users, while setting Tinybeans on a trajectory of accelerated and sustainable growth
- They will hire, manage, engage, and mentor a successful team of empathetic product leaders, talented engineers, customer success, qa, product designers and an inquisitive data and insights team
- They will institute forums and channels with feedback loops for communicating out product strategy, roadmaps, releases, and results to keep organization informed and aligned
- They will foster a culture of customer obsession that tests & learns using consumer science research techniques, invents & delivers on users’ unanticipated future needs, and prioritizes long-term user delight
- They will lead the engineering and design leaders to develop a culture of evidence-driven product development and continuous delivery
- CPO collaborates closely with the CEO and CGO to ensure the company’s brand portfolio stays in tight alignment as we evolve our offerings
- Own and drive the company’s product roadmap and vision, and work across the entire team to ensure that (quarterly/annual) strategic plans lead to business success
- Own and optimize the components for Tinybeans’ Flywheel of Growth. Implement validation and evaluation steps that measure each component’s performance. Add, remove, or modify components as necessary to keep the flywheel turning.
- Lead and develop a high-performing team in product, engineering user experience, data analytics, and customer support to drive and advance the long-term product vision
- Measure the success and impact of releases and product development with clearly defined goals and measurable metrics.
- Incorporate consumer science, including both quantitative and qualitative research into the product process, using this data for decision-making, prioritization, and product portfolio growth.
- Develop vision and strategy for new portfolio products and services. Partner with growth to execute a successful go to market plan that will expand Tinybeans’ customer base and increase monthly recurring revenue.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Devise methods to measure output and effectiveness week over week and present findings and bottlenecks to the product leadership
- Institute and referee an efficient system for creating feature requests, prioritization, product requirement documentation (PRD), changelogs and design documentation.
- Role model Tinybeans’ commitment to the customer by engaging in user interviews, customer support and data analysis.
- Facilitate product discovery, and validation with customers, by generating hypotheses and new concept ideas, and conducting user research using a wide variety of methods (design sprints, surveys, interviews, user testing, etc.)
- Elevate our communication with new and existing users through improved product messaging, effective nurture campaigns and user-centric newsletters that bring value to users while evangelizing new product features. Additionally, explore new tactics to drive product engagement through channels, like Instagram, TikTok and Twitter.
- Create a customer-centric support team that is responsive, detail-oriented and efficient. Introduce improved support documentation and automation that will enable our users to become self-sufficient.
- Lead all quality assurance across the engineering team and product releases
- Lead the Data team to create a strong capability around data management, insights and self service
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure
Culture and Development
- Develop relationships with product team employees and be someone who is sought for advice and counsel on product or user related matters.
- Evangelize best practices and share industry case studies across product development, product design and user experience functions.
- Counsel, coach and guide product team members to level-up their skills, setting them on course to achieve their career goals.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Reorganize and effectively manage change as needed to best fit with the business needs
- Manage team dynamics and employee relations issues and be accountable for resolution
- Drive the success of others by enabling your team to self-organize to achieve predictable and sustainable high velocity
- Determine necessary headcount/skills/structure to achieve current and future goals and help recruit at a world-class level actively network, reach out to candidates and conduct other activities to attract top talent
- Provide you with flexible Work From Home policy
- Expose you to all aspects of a start-up experiencing incredible growth.
- Enable you to make a difference globally
- Welcome you to be part of a publicly-traded company with a global reach
- Offer you competitive compensation + yearly stock options and experience in brand marketing or strategy.
- Product marketing exp
- Health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Encourage you to recharge your batteries; Generous time off policy, additional sick & personal time, and 10 paid holidays
- A playful team that supports one another like family
You must have
- Successful track record as a Product/Engineering leader or CPO/CTO in the consumer technology space
- Experience with building consumer driven products (B2C) and leading an engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years’ of leading a product/engineering team in a startup, high growth, or medium-sized company (preferred)
- Experience in an early start start up growth company where you’ve had to roll up your sleeves
- Team builder who has overseen a growing team
- Proven track record of full cycle product development
At Tinybeans, we work hard and are committed to building a diverse team, fostering an inclusive culture, and investing in equity across our organization. Together, with our different perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds, our people are successful in jobs and are better able to address the needs of our customers.