Community Success Manager
The Community Success Manager (CSM) holds a leadership role within the Impact Team with a particular external focus on supporting our community members as they engage with our offerings that help them adopt and sustain whole food, plant-based lifestyles. Internally, the CSM works with the rest of the organization in the development of credible and empowering content that supports positive action for healthier lives and a healthier world.
Please note, this is not a customer service position — this is in the realm of plant-based nutrition, lifestyle, and coaching.
- providing the highest quality care, communication, problem resolution, and other support to FRN’s primary constituent groups;
- participating in program delivery to ensure that participants’ needs and expectations are met in accordance with program parameters;
- contributing to the development of educational and programmatic content; and,
- identifying and communicating issues and concerns on behalf of our community that call for attention and action from other FRN teams.
Reports to: Head of Impact
Oversee and carry out day-to-day activities related to engaging with and supporting FRN course participants, program members, and blog readers with an eye toward fostering their success, building lasting relationships, and encouraging ongoing readership.
- Establish a presence and nurture relationships with FRN course participants and WHOLE Life Club (WLC) members via the organization’s private platform/member center.
- Answer course participant and WLC member questions as appropriate or seek input from FRN’s Dietitian & Recipe Developer and/or Head of Impact when their input would be helpful.
- Engage with FRN’s blog readers via the public commenting system, answering questions and providing support as appropriate and in alignment with the organization’s professional scope.
- Read blog articles thoroughly to be prepared for reader engagement and support, and draft saved replies in anticipation of and response to reader questions and feedback.
- Triage health- and nutrition-related questions within HelpScout, FRN’s Help Desk software, assigning them as appropriate to the Community Success Associate, FRN’s Dietitians/Culinary team, the Community Support team, or answering them directly.
- Develop tools, resources, and systems to strengthen Community Support team members’ aptitude for answering health and nutrition questions, as appropriate.
Educational Content Development & Delivery
Contribute to the development and delivery of FRN content, with an emphasis on courses and programs.
- Play a leadership role in WHOLE Life Club monthly and annual content planning.
- Draft Weekly Guides & Action lists, Weekly Guide and Forum Update emails, and live event reminders.
- Plan, coordinate, and host live events for WHOLE Life Club members in collaboration with other members of FRN’s WLC team.
- Work with HoI to design and oversee the implementation of a WLC member retention program.
- Participate in FRN course (and other program) development, including working collaboratively to support the development of course outlines and content, creating accompanying coursebooks and related resources, and providing input and feedback on proposed content.
- Suggest and draft ancillary tools and resources to support WLC members and course participants, such as infographics, assessment tools, worksheets, and more.
Team Growth & Development
- Provide day-to-day supervision, support, and guidance to the Community Success Team Associate, serving as a resource for questions and concerns, ensuring that they have mastery of the organization’s programs, content, and internal communication and processes.
- Meet weekly with the Community Success Associate to review their workloads and progress on projects, and discuss questions or concerns from you or them.
- Bring any performance concerns to the Head of Impact in a timely manner and collaborate with the HoI to plan and implement corrective action plans.
- Hold responsibility for live broadcast support during the annual Food Revolution Summit, managing the work of and supervising a group of short-term employees in collaboration with the relevant members of FRN’s Growth team who oversee social media engagement.
- Create and maintain an internal library of WFPB nutrition and health coaching resources.
- Keep the HoI generally apprised of Success performance, and needed or desired training.
- Engage in professional development by requesting and participating in training and skill-building opportunities and reading relevant professional publications.
- Work with the HoI to enhance team management skills and knowledge.
Reporting & Administration
Creates and maintains success-related reporting systems to keep the Head of Impact and the entire Leadership Team apprised of progress toward goals and objectives.
- Keep the Head of Impact apprised of any significant feedback regarding published content and customer experience.
- Work with the Head of Impact and other team members to identify key metrics as indicators of program impact and participant/member satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Impact Team to plan and prepare for FRN launches. This includes helping to determine staffing and recruitment needs and the staffing schedule, developing and refining training materials, and delivering training to temporary team members.
- Serve as the point person for FRN’s CEO during the Summit’s daily broadcasts.
Required Skills, Training, and Experience
- Relevant training and 3-5 years of professional experience as a health coach, nutritional counselor, or behavior change specialist.
- 1-2 years of successful team management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and enthusiasm for whole food plant-based nutrition, recipes, and lifestyle.
- Understand the scientific literature and know how to translate nutritional science into valuable information and knowledge for FRN members.
- Must have excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of organizational skills.
- Ability to guide and assist members of the FRN community in implementing a plant-based lifestyle.
- Passion for facilitating transformation and change in helping others reach their health goals.
- Demonstrated experience managing online membership communities preferred.
All FRN team members are expected to adhere to our Global Behavioral Competencies.
- Reliable high-speed internet connection
- A quiet, functional, and stable work environment (home or home office okay)
- Comfortable working with a team via Slack
- Comfortable working with others via Zoom video conferencing
- Comfortable working within a project management system
- Expert-level proficiency with G Suite products, specifically Docs and Sheets.
Our mission is healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all.
Food Revolution Network is an online-based education and advocacy-driven organization committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for all. Guided by John and Ocean Robbins, we have more than 750,000 members and collaborate with many of the top food revolutionary leaders of our times. Food Revolution Network aims to empower individuals, build community, and transform food systems to support healthy people and a healthy planet.
We believe that everyone, regardless of the color of their skin or how much money they have, deserves the knowledge and the means to healthfully feed themselves and their family. We’re committed to a world with a true opportunity for everyone to be healthy.
You believe in the power of healthy, organic, fair trade, local, plant-strong food to change the world. You’re passionate about supporting the food revolution and movements for a more healthy, ethical, and sustainable world. You support our scientifically grounded, fact-driven, and welcoming approach, which promotes a whole foods, plant-based diet and is inclusive of a broad range of eaters.
You’re values-driven, highly motivated, self-aware, ethical, emotionally intelligent, multiculturally competent, compassionate, socially conscious, constantly learning, and respectful of yourself and others. You’re reliable, dedicated, undaunted, persistent, friendly, and forthright. You admit your mistakes, clean up your messes, and learn from everything.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Food Revolution Network is a committed equal-opportunity employer. FRN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At FRN, we aim to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people bring their skills, life experience, passion, and creativity to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We are committed to healthy, ethical, and sustainable food for ALL, and that requires a proactive dedication to advocating for equity, inclusion, and opportunity including for those communities that have been most negatively impacted by our toxic food culture. We are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that enable each person to bring unique talents, insights, and skills.
FRN is a fully remote team, with team members in multiple North American time zones. This position may be performed from anywhere, but we strongly prefer North America-compatible time zones, with a required availability from 9 am - 3 pm Pacific Time Monday through Thursday.
$62,000 to $68,000/year, depending on experience.
Full-time employees also receive paid time off, flexible time off for holidays, wellness time off, health, vision, and dental insurance, opportunities for bonuses, 401k eligibility, and other benefits.