The Brand and Content team is a newly formed team which has an exciting mission to drive awareness, education, and adoption of Ellevation’s products among educators. We are seeking a creative copywriter that will bring the Ellevation brand voice to life across channels and mediums. Reporting into the Director of Brand and Content, you will be tasked to produce and edit a wide range of long- and short-form content, including case studies, blogs, website copy, email copy, and more.
This role is a great fit if you specialize in distilling insights from marketing briefs and are able to quickly understand storytelling opportunities that will grab your audience’s attention. You take pride in cutting out the jargon, you use clear, concise, and persuasive language, and understand the importance of consistency in voice, tone, and style. You should have strong opinions about the effective use of language devices from exclamation points to emojis, and be a defender and champion of implementing those standards across the organization.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, while working closely with various departments to understand requirements
- Help to establish and apply the Ellevation voice and tone across all work; ability to guide other project owners on the voice and tone
- Pitch new content and copy ideas based on brand and business needs, best practices, or just because you have a great idea
- Establish, document, and execute a workflow that includes intaking requests, guiding stakeholders through a brief, receiving and implementing feedback, and delivery of final copy.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Learn about our company, product line, and our customers
- Become acquainted with our target audience and research how to best engage them
- Research nuances and topical issues in multilingual education/thought leadership space
Within 3 months, you will:
- Establish a copy request intake workflow to manage and prioritize projects
- Begin writing and publishing content
- Contribute to, and assist in the company-wide rollout of updated brand guidelines
Within 6 months, you will:
- Ensure consistency across all channels with respect to the brand identity and in alignment with brand governance
- Pitch story ideas and collaborate on cross-functional projects
Within 12 months, you will:
- Own strategic direction and governance of Ellevation’s brand style guidelines
- Educate cross-functional stakeholders and teams on copywriting best practices to strengthen all external communications
- 3-5+ years of marketing copywriting experience with a strong portfolio
- Passion for copywriting, language, and creative direction
- Strong planning, organization, time management, and execution skills
- Proven experience developing and implementing creative concepts and copy
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity
- Creative agency experience is a plus
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization were team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions + Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck .
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.