Corporate Comms Associate
As an Associate, Corporate Communications at General Mills, you will be responsible for ongoing communications and external engagement to advance the company’s corporate reputation.
The role is responsible for communicating progress against our G Stands for Good strategy. General Mills stands for good – for the people we serve and the planet we depend on. The company is putting people first by improving food security and advancing a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, and by creating positive planetary outcomes for our future.
The role supports development and execution of the corporate reputation communications strategy, external and internal communication materials in service of media interviews, stakeholder engagement and employee awareness and pride, and advancement of executive positioning plans. Day-to-day responsibilities include partnering closely with Communications colleagues, internal/external stakeholders, and agency partners to ensure goals and objectives are reached.
The individual must have a minimum of 2-5 years of communications experience (planning, channels savvy, measurement), as well as execution (writing, media relations and event management). The candidate should have passion for reputation communications, the ability to confidently partner closely at all levels of the company, and project manage with competing priorities.
- Serve as a strategic and collaborative partner to the Communications team, internal/external stakeholders, and agency partners, to enhance the reputation of the company and its brands with employees and external stakeholders.
- Create effective storytelling and content, and manage day-to-day priorities effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Self-starter, problem solver with minimum of 2-3 years communications experience in a corporate or agency setting.
- Experience with both internal and external communications
- Media relations experience
- Excellent writing skills with proven success in a variety of formats
- Strong communication skills and experience counseling business partners to achieve strong communications outcomes
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messaging
- Ability to consistently deliver on tight deadlines while prioritizing and advancing several projects simultaneously and maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to successfully navigate a matrixed organization across functions, levels, and geographies
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Remote eligible but Minneapolis preferred.
- Strong PowerPoint experience and research skills
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.