Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit X Description:
The X team at Reddit is exploring a different vision of how the Internet can work. The Internet is the most important public square in history. Billions of people use it every day to connect with each other, share ideas, and do business online. It shapes economies and elections, relationships and futures.
Our goal is to tear down the walled gardens and restore the balance of power online. We believe there are new models for the Internet that put power back in the hands of people, and we believe they will be found. Among large social networks, Reddit has a distinctive product and user base that is uniquely suited to realizing this vision.
As Counsel to the X team, you'll get to work with a variety of teams including the Reddit X product and engineering teams that are focused on blockchain-backed products, audio, chat, and new products. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with new technologies and business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and understand emerging technologies at a rapid pace and function independently in a demanding environment. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit's business and Reddit X goals.
If you're passionate about the law, technology, and business and love a challenging, team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
What You'll Do:
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, business development, finance, privacy, comms, marketing, and community throughout the product development cycle on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues regarding Reddit X products
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms, blockchain technology, and Reddit X products and have the ability to explain complex legal issues concisely and in basic terms
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing Reddit's and the X team's goals and initiatives
- Manage internal projects, training, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion
What We Can Expect From You:
- 4+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Proficiency in financial regulatory frameworks as applied to blockchain-backed products, as well as copyright law and licensing matters
- Experience with financial technology and payments, blockchain technology, and privacy preferred
- Strong legal research skills and comfort tackling new and developing areas of law in the US and internationally
- Comfortable handling chaos and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Eagerness and drive to continue learning
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.