Customer Engagement Consultant
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Customer Engagement Consultant acts as the customer consultant throughout the lifecycle of the account and works with sales to develop account plans and revenue growth plans across the customer base. As the customer concierge, he/she recommends new products/ services while supporting all efforts to renew or rerate customers, answer customer questions, directs the customer to appropriate internal contacts and provides support during times of organizational transitions. This position serves as the main point of contact for the sales leader they support and serves as their chief of staff. They should be able to delegate work to their peers (Customer Engagement Advocates). They will also work closely with the Customer Engagement Associates.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develop and manage customer relationships to retain existing revenue inclusive of primary contract renewal responsibility within assigned strategic account base.
- Delegate tasks to peers and ability to manage without authority
- Revenue Forecasting – understand the base they support, forecast disconnects, recompete impacts and utilize Salesforce to accomplish these tasks.
- Leverage Gainsight to work through tasks like renewals, first bill reviews.
- Evaluate and report on performance against contracted SLAs.
- Initiate/coordinate request for outages (RFO) with the appropriate internal teams, communicate appropriate information to the customer and ensure appropriate Service Improvement Plans (SIP) are implemented to address the issues
- Manage resolution of customer-impacting billing and service-related issues by facilitating with appropriate internal groups, coordinating completion, and ensuring timely communication.
- Perform comprehensive monthly/ quarterly business reviews for assigned customers focused on customer growth and engagement with Lumen. Use revenue trends, technical network performance, open orders, corresponding improvement plans, billing issues, industry trends and company events to discuss Lumen engagement.
- Portal On boarding/process training. Onboard customers in partnership with SME organization. Review Customer Information Guides with Customer, update when necessary. Liaise with internal departments and customer to ensure all needs are addressed related to onboarding.
- Conduct periodic calls/ meetings with assigned customers to foster a strong partnership and ensure that the customer's issues are regularly voiced, and they are kept informed about ongoing improvement opportunities. Assist Operations with the management and development of customer relationships with Operations so that processes and interface arrangements are understood between the two companies.
- Maintain customer inventory for assigned module, including term expiration, keeping integrity with services sold
- Maintain current, in-depth knowledge of tools and resources to function as subject matter expert
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor within the Customer Engagement Organization
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in business
- 5+ years relevant working experience in the Telecom industry
- Proven ability to develop long-term business relationships with key decision makers within organizations
- Proven ability to work closely with the customer and effectively negotiate directly with the customer and negotiate internally on their behalf
- An expert at teaming with others across different disciplines, functions and organizations and driving expedient resolution of customer issues
- Expert written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional business image. Knowledge of MS Office suite
- The ability to travel to customer sites
- Legacy Level 3 service is a plus.
Requisition #: 315495
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.