Customer Success Advocate II-SMB/MIDMKTS
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Customer Success Advocate is a customer-facing role that ensures our small and medium-sized customers are wildly successful in delivering on their critical business objectives through leveraging their current Lumen solutions. This is accomplished by viewing our products from the customers’ perspective, monitoring early indicators of customer health, proactively addressing their concerns, and helping them better use our technology to meet their corporate goals and objectives. With established trust and loyalty, this role seeks to naturally progress and expand the partnership through identifying potential up-sell and cross-sell opportunities and engaging sales accordingly.
The Main Responsibilities
- Implement customer success plans using standardized journey templates to set customer expectations and ensure they are prepared for key milestones through the lifecycle (Get, Use, Pay & Renew), reinforce ecosystem hand-offs, and empower customers to self-serve
- Leverage and manage overall customer metrics, which include customer usage data, health indicators (disconnects, credits, orders, churn propensity scores, NPS), and renewal dates with a holistic view that aligns with customer objectives/success metrics
- Evaluate current product and portal adoption maturity level (depth and breadth) and address roadblocks by leveraging digital marketing slicks, adoption articles and other templates
- Know the Lumen portfolio offerings well enough to recognize a potential opportunity for expansion and ask appropriate questions to further qualify the opportunity, partnering closely with sales
- Implement revenue management practices, driving accountability and alignment of our operations and financial goals; revenue retention and growth strategies which include value realization, renewal execution, risk management and customer growth/expansion
- Communicate, escalate, and drive mitigation plans cross-functionally to de-risk accounts; handle urgent customer concerns and escalate internally when necessary (i.e., Service Improvement Plans)
- Partner with sales, delivery & support to ensure successful deployment of solutions and services including periodic first bill reviews and audits to minimize billing disputes
- Responsible for renewal and re-rate implementation via contract end-date management, leveraging renewals to influence customer technology evolution while incorporating on-net migrations that improve Lumen profit margins
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience: 3+ years customer success or account management experience
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with and supporting enterprise customers, evaluating, and responding to needs with empathy and integrity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships within customer accounts
- Ability to proactively problem solve, make decisions on issue resolution while effectively negotiating directly with the customer and internally on their behalf
- Technical aptitude to learn data networking technologies, products, and features
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to interpret customer data points and insights, prioritize and respond accordingly
- Prioritize and manage multiple workstreams and task lists with strong time management skills
- Ability to quickly learn various software, web-based platforms, and systems in accessing data
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 313426
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.