Customer Success Manager
Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum builds software that helps public affairs professionals work smarter and move faster. Our philosophy is people-first, whether we're supporting team members in their careers or prioritizing our clients with a best-in-class Customer Success program. Quorum's clients use our tools to bring a modern approach to advocacy work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, the European Union, and more than a dozen countries.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for driving product adoption and building Trusted Advisor relationships with your customers. You will be expected to manage a portfolio of 10-20 high value accounts or 40-60 mid-market accounts and meet or exceed revenue retention and expansion targets for your account portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- First Week: You'll learn the basic ins and outs of current Quorum products, attend a variety of client engagements, and get to know 30+ dedicated Quorum Customer Success team members.
- First Month: You’ll build your understanding of Quorum’s products, with an emphasis on a cluster of products that will be your area of expertise. You will master the art of offering a full-team training and asking important diagnostic questions for one-on-one trainings.
- First Six (6) Months: You’ll take full ownership of a portfolio of 10–15 high value accounts made-up of a mixture of new clients that need to be onboarded and legacy clients that need an ongoing point of contact. You will deliver value to each of your accounts by driving product adoption (e.g. provide information and training on how a client can use a new feature), building relationships, and exploring expansion opportunities.
- First Year: You will consistently meet or exceed team-wide renewal and expansion goals by establishing yourself as a trusted advisor that helps clients achieve their goals for their Quorum subscription. You will play an important role in growing a start-up and establishing Quorum as a market leader in Washington, DC.
- You have at least 2 years of experience serving as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager for a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform or have 2 years of experience working with Quorum's software
- You have a proven track record of building Trusted Advisor relationships with your customers through a high-touch customer success model
- You are confident running Executive Business Reviews with C-Suite executives to articulate value
- You take pride in building loyal brand advocates who want to provide references and referrals
- You are excited to show users how they can make their work more impactful by adding products and/or services that enable them to advance their organization’s mission and goals
- You are a natural “people person” who establishes rapport and builds relationships with ease either in-person or online
- You love technology and are passionate about teaching people how they can make their lives easier by using technology to solve everyday problems
- You empathize with others’ unique situations and naturally channel empathy into advocacy
- You want to be a part of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You are excited by the opportunity to have a positive impact on politics and may have worked on political campaigns or followed news for major issue areas (e.g., immigration, education, etc.)
- You are an especially competitive candidate if you have experience with at least one of the following types of software: legislative tracking software (e.g., LexisNexis), grassroots advocacy software (e.g., NationBuilder), customer relationship management (CRM) software
- You are a superstar if you have experience working with international customers and/or can speak two or more languages with at at least professional working proficiency
About the Customer Success Team
- We’re responsible for ensuring that clients have an amazing experience with Quorum
- We provide team and individual product demonstrations and trainings that promote best practices in the government affairs space
- We are dedicated to every user’s success and address challenges quickly and creatively
- We act as staunch advocates for our clients, including identifying and responding to diverse client use cases
- We take pride in developing personal relationships with our users and our team
- We regularly support one another to ensure the success of our team and our clients
- We're very close as a company—we work together, hang out together, and we value each others' ideas and input
Our Work Environment
- We are a hybrid team with flexible work options: work remotely or choose to come into our vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office in Washington DC.
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots.
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office - both together and remote, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, virtual art classes and wine tasting.
Do you want to learn what it's like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!
- Base Salary: $63,000.00–$90,200.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Variable Compensation: Up to $7,500.00 in team retention and expansion bonuses
- On Target Earnings: $70,500.00 – $97,700.00 (OTE expectations dependent upon base salary)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company holidays plus additional company-wide days off for team members to rest and recharge
- Four Day Weekends for President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Free Subscription to the Calm app
- Invest in Yourself Days - one designated day per quarter is dedicated to your professional development!
- Monthly professional development stipend
- One-time Work from Home Stipend
- 401k match
- Choice of trans-inclusive medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options
- Access to the CIGNA Ginger App to provide behavioral health coaching, therapy, psychiatry and self-care resources
- Virtual and in-person team events
- Bright sunlit open office concept with your own dedicated desk (if you want it)
- Inclusion & Diversity Affinity Groups to support belonging
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Quorum Is Working to Advance Pay Equity: What Does That Mean For You?
In an effort to continue to build a diverse and inclusive work environment that advances pay equity, Quorum has implemented a “No Negotiation” policy for base salary for new hires for roles that are currently staffed by three or more team members. This means that candidates for the Customer Success Manager role cannot negotiate Quorum’s base salary offer.
Here’s our promise to you:
- We will not ask you what you are currently earning.
- We will consider years of relevant experience, relevant professional certifications/education, and performance expectations in setting what we believe is a competitive, fair base salary offer.
- We will be transparent about our compensation structure (see above) so that all candidates have equal access to compensation information and can make an informed decision about whether or not Quorum is the right workplace for them.
If you are interested in learning more about how negotiation impacts pay equity and/or why other start-ups have decided to implement a “No Negotiation” policy of some type, here are a few resources: Project Include, AAUW, Ministry for Women, Magoosh.
Note: Quorum does not endorse or verify any of the information provided in the resources on the impact of negotiation on pay equity. We provide these resources simply to increase awareness of a topic we believe is important for both employers and candidates to consider.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00 - $90,200.00 per year