Customer Support Manager
Do you enjoy building processes and growing teams? Updater + MoveHQ is adding an experienced Customer Support Manager to our growing team, in this role you will get to create processes, mentor and lead a team, and continue to hire and develop the Support team as we grow.
As the Customer Support Manager, you will lead the Support team who handles Tier 2 support for our moving industry customers. You will get to work for and with the VP of Customer Experience who is one of the Top 100 Customer Strategists in the world; he believes in a true partnership, wants to hear new ideas, empowers you to make decisions, and believes in a culture of transparency.
In your first 90 days, you will get to start leading the team, conduct one on ones, create relationships, and grow into a product expert to help create a best in class customer support experience. This is the perfect role for someone who has helped scale support teams in a B2B SaaS environment; we are a growing start up, so you will help create the framework for the support team that will help take our growth into the next phase while creating raving fans of the MoveHQ products.
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Most of us have moved at least once and everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. We’re a well-funded and growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, and we’re growing quickly. MoveHQ, a subsidiary of Updater, is the nationwide leader in CRM and move management software that moving companies leverage to run their businesses. We’ve redefined an age-old industry and thousands of moving companies depend on our category-leading platform.
About the Role
- Lead day to day operations and administration of the systems at the core of the MoveHQ team’s work, including support ticketing, contact management, user provisioning, knowledge management, process documentation, and change management decisions
- Define and execute strategies and plans to improve processes of the systems used daily by cross functional teams
- Ensure high data integrity for systems used, as well as provide processes and support for different teams to maintain data integrity
- Hold weekly one on ones with your direct reports and report into the VP of CX
- Author, manage, and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration
- Develop and track KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments
- 5+ years experience in support, operations, or related role(s)
- B2B SaaS experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Salesforce and Zendesk (or a similar CRMs and support ticketing and knowledge base platforms)
- Call Center leadership experience
- Management of Support teams where you made a measurable impact on KPIs
- Some form of scaling/rapid growth (including hiring)
- Government contracting and/or FedRAMP experience
- Moving industry experience
- CCXP or PMP or equivalent certifications
About Updater & MoveHQ
Updater and its wholly owned subsidiary, MoveHQ, make moving easier for the 11 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater & MoveHQ, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience. By integrating MoveHQ moving services in Updater’s core application, a powerful consumer move management platform was created and remains unmatched in the industry.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $450 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, Vista Credit Partners, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater has ranked on Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC in 2016, 2018, & 2021. For more information, please visit www.updater.com & www.movehq.com.
Updater & MoveHQ are proud to be equal opportunity employers and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.