Customer Support Specialist
We're building a bank for creators.
Your favorite digital creators—the ones you follow every day on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok or Twitch—aren't just extraordinarily talented personalities and community builders. They're also businesses. That means they have business needs—managing revenues, expenses, savings, credit, banking. We're building products that help creators spend less time worrying about finances so they can focus on creating.
We're building a new category, which requires us to evangelize broadly. But to grow at strong clip, we need laser-focus on high-performance acquisition channels. That's where you come in.
About the Role
We are looking for aCustomer Support Specialist to act as the face of Karat and assist our cardholders with any and all of their needs. You are perfect for this role if you are passionate about the customer experience and take pride in your ability to effectively and efficiently reply and resolve customer inquiries. To be successful in this role you should be an excellent communicator with a knack for earning trust.
Life as a Customer Support Specialist at Karat:
- Respond and resolve inquiries accurately and in a timely manner
- Activate cardholder cards
- Investigate and manage declined transactions and customer notifications
- Effectively escalate issues and communicate proper timelines
- Ensure accounts are updated with proper notes
What You'll Need:
- 2 years customer support experience or similar client-facing experience
- Experience using a ticketing system (Zendesk, Salesforce etc)
- Ability to work independently
- Available on weekends (we are hiring for several shifts)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Huge opportunity. The creator economy just flew past a $50b milestone despite zero infra for creator banking. It's our race to lose.
- Fascinating problems. We reduce financial risk so creators can take creative risks. The work you do in building a creator bank quite literally impacts contemporary culture.
- The right team. We've worked at the largest investment banks (Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley), investment managers (Blackstone, TPG), and social networks (Instagram). We started this company to leverage our experiences to help creators.
- Culture. We love hanging out with board games, delicious dinners, and brisk hikes as much as we enjoy delving into personal philosophy, management theory, and nitty gritty business details. Don't be afraid to bring yourself to work!
- Resources and growth. We're well capitalized from top investors like Signal Fire and Union Square Ventures; CEOs from YouTube, Twitter, Wealthfront, and CAA; and investors including Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Y Combinator, CRV, and Coatue. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You'll learn a lot, build foundational products, and grow as our company scales.
- Flexible and remote work culture
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Health, dental, vision
- 401k (or CPP for Canucks)
- Home office and/or co-working allowance
- Health and wellness budget
- Your very own Karat card
- Meet with and build for your favorite creators
We're a distributed team. This is a full-time role open to anyone in North American time zones.
Learn more about Karat and our culture
Job Type: Full-time