Data Analyst - Media
Data Analyst - Media
This is a remote position within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Time zones (NYC).
You will be joining a highly talented team of engineers and data scientists working on implementing production machine learning models in the media space. We are helping a large company optimize their production models and further improve accuracy by leveraging additional 3rd-party datasets.
- Define and deliver reporting that supports video analytical insights.
- Instrument measurement of key KPIs for the organization, in particular of QoS and QoE.
- Knowledge of video KPI metrics cta 2066 and p 1208.
- Drive consistency in reporting standards across the organization.
- Automate manual reporting processes.
- Use analytical insights to help increase the team's effectiveness against key strategic goals.
- Should be versed in AWS Cloud (GPC knowledge is a plus).
- Experience working with AWS and Spark.
- Experience using databases in a business environment with big data technologies and large-scale, complex datasets.
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges.
- Verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including experience in effectively communicating with both business and technical teams.
- BS degree in Technology, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science, doing exploratory data analysis, testing hypotheses, and building predictive models.
- A strong background in advanced mathematics, statistics, data mining, and machine learning.
- Advanced experience in Python, proficiency with SQL, and experience with distributed computing frameworks like Spark.
- Demonstrable experience in working on optimization problems.
- Experience in Amazon AWS tools.
- Experience with Snowflake preferred.
- Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment.
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital aims to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely distributed team with members all across the US and Latin America.