about the data scientist, decision sciences role:
soona is looking for a data scientist to join our decision sciences team as we continue to build a world-class data organization. you will work closely with the data engineering, analytics, and engineering teams to create and maintain analyses and machine learning models to evaluate new products and features created by engineering teams. to be successful in this role, you will work with the product team to understand and fulfill their analytics needs, perform experiments to split test new products and features, and contribute quality code to our dbt and looker codebases.
this is a full time position that will report directly to the senior director of data science.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
soona is currently supporting a remote work environment for this role; however, we are currently looking to hire in these states only: California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Washington with requirements to be able to work in mst or cst time zones. for flex hybrid work environments, we also have office spaces in Denver, Colorado + Minneapolis, Minnesota, if that’s your thing.
about tech at soona:
an ideal candidate can:
- help create and maintain our multi-source data ingestion pipeline
- implement data quality tests to ensure production data is accurate and available
- access data from our data warehouses to create datasets for model building
- train valuable machine learning models that impact business decisions
- create internal apps that serve up model outputs and predictions in real-time
- deliver quality code in an agile framework that ships to a production environment
- correlate work to business KPIs and be accountable for improvement targets
- communicate with data and engineering teams as well as business stakeholders
has experience in:
- effectively communicating and coding in a remote work environment
- python – the core language of the data organization
- sql – optimizing performance/transformation efficiencies on OLAP data warehouses
- dbt – our primary data transformation layer
- looker or equivalent data reporting platform
- general machine learning and statistical methods
- aws or equivalent cloud environment (preferred)
- segment, airbyte, docker, airflow, flask/fastAPI (preferred)
- working in a startup environment (preferred)
we can offer:
- starting salary: $110,000 - $125,000
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + intentional culture
- really badass headshots