Data Scientist, ML-Ads Targeting
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Data Scientist to work within the Ads Targeting team. You will work closely with engineers and product managers to 1) develop algorithms and toolings to empower various ML focused Targeting products, 2) shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Build machine learning models to improve ML focussed Ads Targeting products such as User Lookalike Models, Keyword Targeting, User Interest Matching.
- You will design metrics and mechanisms to understand and evaluate the performance of various Targeting products.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- Serve as a thought-partner for product managers, engineering managers in shaping the Targeting roadmap and strategy by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will work mainly on offline modeling and rely on engineers to productionize your models. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, data deep dive), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations needed for training, testing and productionizing models.
- Experience in machine learning applications of natural language processing, recommendation system, large scale unsupervised learning.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative fields
- Master’s or PhD degree is preferred but not required
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong skills in SQL and programming (Python or R)
- Understanding of experimentation and causal inference analyses
- Experience in online advertising is preferred but not required
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- 401k matching plan
- Flexible PTO
- Paid holidays + Wellness days
- Remote friendly
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.