Who we are
Our mission at Capacity is to help teams do their best work through our AI-powered support automation platform. Capacity provides everything you need to automate support and business processes in one powerful platform.
In order to help all teams do their best work, we need our Capacity team to be a reflection of the workforce. We believe that each individual voice, perspective and background brings inherent value to enhance our product, serve our customers and generate more ideas to solve complex problems.
It’s an exciting time to join Capacity. Our company is growing rapidly: we have experienced a 150% year-over-year revenue growth. Capacity has raised over $60 million dollars from individual investors, giving us the opportunity to make ambitious investments in our team and big bets on our future. Our total addressable market is infinite. Any company that relies on shared knowledge and bottomless documentation, desires data automation and reporting, or needs to streamline information and processes is an opportunity for Capacity to shine. By continuing to hire smart and humble teammates all over the country, we have the opportunity to see Capacity become a premier brand enterprise SaaS.
A small (as in 1 person) enthusiastic team with a big company payoff
The Design team is looking for a talented and passionate Design Director to own the development and execution of the Product Design practice at Capacity. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment, eager to apply modern product design techniques to create elegant solutions to complex problems. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional peers from Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to define key strategy and execute across the product. You will be a one person team and report to the VP of Product.
Why this job is exciting
As Design Director you will…
- Spearhead design within the company through collaboration with cross-functional leaders and improving the Capacity Design System.
- Play a key role in scaling the future design team
- Own and regularly report on the Design department KPIs, OKRs and overall goals
- Drive collaboration and vision across the company to build alignment on priorities leading to product design and execution
- Orchestrate and drive company-wide design definition, specification, collaboration, and roadmap with cross-partners to agree on fixed design assets, pattern libraries, and components
- Partner closely with product managers to identify new opportunities, articulate problem statements, define hypotheses, run experiments, and measure impact against user goals and business objectives
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
You are a seasoned product designer with the proven ability to design software solutions at scale and navigate the complexities and challenges of developing new products and features. You thrive in a fast paced, challenging environment and strive to understand user needs and how those needs relate to key business metrics. You love learning new things and enjoy working on a tight-knit team.
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing high-quality, well-crafted visual designs within a complex, SaaS environment
- Leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing entry and senior-level designers
- Proven success in dealing with ambiguous situation and demonstrated strong leadership
- Ability to effectively influence design and product approach and decision making
- An amazing eye for detail and quality and well-versed in Figma
- Ability to give strong product feedback
- Open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- Portfolio demonstrating end to end UI/UX, visual design experience
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in user research methodologies
- Experience building and contributing to Design Systems
Interview Process (~3 HOURS)
[30 min] High level screen with Kate Bell, Talent Acquisition
[45 min] Interview with Mike Hunigan, VP of Product
[10 mins] Predictive Index at home assessment
[1 hr] Interview with extended Product team
[1 hr] Interview with extended Front End Team (Dan and Chris E.)
[30 min] Interview with David Karandish, founder and CEO of Capacity
References and offer!
At Capacity we value more than just hard skills. Our goal is to build a holistic and diverse team. If you aren’t sure if you qualify, just apply! We will carefully consider your application and are always grateful for any time and effort invested in Capacity.
But wait, there’s more!
At Capacity we believe in more than just building amazing products and helping our customers. Although we are now a remote workforce, we remember the neighborhood where we started. We still strive to elevate our community by furthering access to education and careers in the tech space. Our sister company, Create A Loop, brings rigorous computer science courses to underserved communities with little to no access to formal computer science education. There are many opportunities for our Capacity team members to serve and educate our Create A Loop students throughout the year.
What is compensation like at Capacity?
- We offer fully funded medical premiums for each full-time team member and their dependents.
- Stock Options
- Generous paid parental leave policy
- Minimum PTO requirements
- Short Term Disability
- Flexible work environment