Location: Mexico - 100% Remote / Home Working (Must live in Mexico & have the right to work without restrictions to apply for this role)
Pay Rate: $5 USD per hour - Paid via PayPal
Contract: Six-month initial contract (Likely to be extended) - Self-employed contractor. Responsible for own taxes.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week - Full Time
Hiring Manager: Jade MacRury
Recruiter: Sarah Jane Dalzell
First things first! What is Twinkl? What is Twinkl's mission?
Twinkl is here to "help those who teach." It's what brings us to work every day. We're proud to create educational resources that can be used at each step of a child's learning journey.
Our award-winning resource collection - created by teachers for teachers - provides unlimited supplementary digital and printable teaching resources at an unbeatable value.
We have over 900,000 resources, and new content is added every day. Don't see what you need? Just ask! We make bespoke resources for our members as part of our world-class customer service promise to help those who teach.
We support educators and children across the United States and around the world, and we're committed to transforming lives through education.
Whoever you are, whatever you teach, Twinkl is here for you!
As a Digital Copywriter, you will join our in-house SEO team to optimize Twinkl USA’s on-page content and improve overall organic reach. You will write engaging copy to increase our ranking on organic search and maximize conversion.
Twinkl USA’s SEO team is a friendly group of driven individuals who love to write and are passionate about continuous learning, Google algorithms, and pushing content to be as engaging as possible. If you have a particular interest or relevant experience in the U.S. education sector and are a strong commercial copywriter, experienced blogger, SEO enthusiast, or content marketer, we’d love to hear from you!
How you’ll spend your day:
- Writing Copy: You will spend most of your time writing SEO-optimized content, including blog posts and wiki-style pages that address the needs of American educators. You'll use on-site copy to target high-value search terms. Your aim? To improve our search engine rankings and maximize conversion through your written prowess.
- Using Data: You will evaluate the effectiveness of your work using data skills, including reporting, analysis, and visualization. We will provide training to help you develop and continuously build your data skills.
- Additional Projects: You will have the opportunity to contribute to other projects, such as providing SEO training to other departments in the company, conducting competitor research, and other exciting initiatives that will increase Twinkl USA’s online profile.
You’ll work with:
- Digital Copywriters and Content Executives: You will be part of a friendly and collaborative global team working to continuously improve Twinkl’s organic reach through strategic experimentation and proven SEO strategies.
- Growth Marketing Team Leader: As a copywriter, you will have a supportive line manager from day one.
- USA Segment Manager: You will be assigned to work on one of Twinkl’s segments that is led by a dedicated Segment Manager. Collaboratively, you will help improve visibility and spot opportunities to increase traffic to the segment page and maximize conversion.
- USA SEO Market Manager: Jade MacRury
- USA Country Manager: Jude Schroeder
In this role, you will learn how:
- To optimize on-page content using SEO fundamentals and copywriting best practices.
- To tailor your writing to your medium — writing online is different from writing elsewhere!
- To use SEO software, including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Data Studio, Surfer, SEO, Keywords Everywhere, SEOMOnitor, SEMRush, and more.
- Your writing can help improve Twinkl’s visibility in the U.S. market.
You will also have the opportunity to build leadership and technical skills and pursue continued progression paths within the SEO team and the broader global company.
To succeed in the role, you will:
- Be fluent in Mexican Spanish and American English.
- Work on a variety of projects to improve Twinkl’s organic reach.
- Make edits to on-page content to optimize for key search terms, bearing in mind that you are writing to sell rather than to inform or tell a story.
- Be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong written communication.
- Be customer-focused and consider how to improve the site experience for our users.
- Have excellent time management skills and take ownership of your projects.
- Be accountable for the quality of your pages, in line with our quality fundamentals.
- Work flexibly across multiple time zones and attend scheduled meetings for team collaboration.
- Spot opportunities and make suggestions for improvement.
We're interested in anyone who meets a combination of the following:
- Exceptional copywriting skills with demonstrated professional or freelance experience
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant study area (e.g., Digital Marketing, Journalism, etc.)
- Interest and experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Interest and experience in the American education sector
In return for everything you can bring, we can offer you an exciting role in a fast-growing and dynamic business with plenty of career opportunities.
Here are some of the things that make Twinkl a great place to work:
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture. We believe work should be fun, and we always put people before process.
- Flexible work-from-home positions.
- Diversity, inclusion, and belonging. Our Employee Network Program includes working groups for LGBTQ+, People of Color, Disabilities (visible and invisible), Women in Tech, and Working Parents.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD). Our ever-evolving program includes monthly progression reviews, Twinkl’s Management Scheme, commercial awareness training, leadership coaching quads, career chats, and mentoring.
- Collaboration across continents! You’ll plug into a global team working to help improve the lives of educators around the world.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please include this at the foot of your cover letter. This will help us understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.