Digital Design Consultant
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role supports the design and maintenance of a strategic framework that helps to identify, prioritize, and manage a portfolio of efforts that directly contribute to the design, development and execution of Allstate’s digital transformation focused on the overall customer experience journey management strategy for all channels. This role will serve as the digital business engineer and contribute to the design the experience through working collaboratively with Allstate’s Customer Experience COE leveraging defined CX design principles and bringing them to life through digital transformation. This individual will proactively collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the enterprise focused on building delightful experiences for customers, agencies, and employees. The Digital Value Stream Design Consultant will inform and build the monitoring framework, monitor progress, and identify barriers to inform decisions that need to be made. Through their digital business engineering ideas, they will help to develop digital design options and recommendations to proactively refine and improve the customer experience.
- Design specific workstreams that support the digital value stream framework (design, develop, and proactively manage the experience across all channels throughout the customer taxonomy.
- Contribute to digital transformation vision and roadmap of the new and differentiated digital product design; ensures alignment to company strategies, specifically aligned to the customer experience standards and partner/stakeholder objectives
- Participate in cross-functional brainstorming sessions, test and learn activities, and ideation and innovation workshops to drive the digital transforamtion pipeline (identify pain-points across customer journey, idea generation, open/partner innovation, and possibly crowdsourcing platforms)
- Contribute to the development, deployment, and maintenance of the digital value stream playbook that reaches across the enterprise for adoption, education, and financial benefit
- Conduct external research into emerging digital transformation (optimization, automation, etc.) best practices, technologies, and techniques for digital value stream management and incorporation into the playbook
- Interact directly with and provide thought leadership to senior leaders and the digital transformation business leaders to accelerate the digital transformation efforts across the enterprise
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
- 3 or more years of related experience
- 3 or more years of agile methodology experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communicator and presenter (oral and written) of complex and innovative concepts, with ability to mobilize, inspire, and influence at all levels of the organization, a change agent
- A collaborator who can work cross-functionally to get things done; can build a common purpose
- Experience in analyzing data and research and deriving insights
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Project management within a delivery environment, must be well organized, consistently follow-up on tasks and regularly communicate updates and status
- Ability to create work plans - break down projects into reasonable subsets of work and activities
- Strong digital capabilities including advanced skills and knowledge of applications such as Power BI, Mural, Canva, Excel, etc.
Compensation offered for this role is $60,100.00-$102,625.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.