Digital Product Mgr, Strategy & Innovation
UPMC Health Plan's Strategic Consumer Innovation group is committed to creating engaging, human-centered solutions at the intersection of design, technology, health care and wellness. We are currently growing the strategic product management and innovation practice for our member engagement portfolio.
The Digital Product Manager II will report to the Senior Product Manager and work in a strategic role with business partners, designers, experience strategists, and other innovators on a portfolio of products.
Our strategy and innovation Digital Product Manager II will bridge cross-functional disciplines, balancing business and consumer needs to create product visions, identify new opportunities, test new product ideas that will define the future of health care. Digital Product Managers must feel comfortable working in dynamic, sometimes ambiguous environments. They must leverage commercial expertise and critical thinking skills to distill the complexity inherent to health care's most confounding problems. They must also thoughtfully translate problems into solutions, that can take shape as disruptive innovations, product visions, and ultimately, actionable product roadmaps or strategy.
This position has remote opportunities but travel to the office will be required for meetings, training and department needs.
- Works closely with interdisciplinary teams and across functional departments, including design, program management, marketing and other core business teams to carry out strategy and innovation initiatives for assigned product(s) or domain(s)
- Leads the discovery and definition of new product ideas and business needs that delight consumers and compel them to engage despite an abundance of alternatives and distractions
- Informs product strategy development and vision-setting, supported by internal and external analysis
- Informs roadmaps that communicate prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support load
- Builds buy-in for product strategy and innovation from stakeholders
- Works with researchers and experience strategists to experiment and leads prototype development to test concepts with groups that represent our members
- Engages with Subject Matter Experts for in-depth evaluation (business, design, clinical, operational, etc.)
- Develops business cases (including financial analysis, likelihood of success, ROI, market potential, etc.) and product innovation and strategy recommendations to leadership and cross-functional committees
- Communicates activities, statuses, issues, and accomplishments to management and partners as needed.
- Works closely and collaboratively with design and product teams from partner organizations
- *Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- *Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree MIS, Information Technology, HCI, Business, or equivalent
- 3-7 Years experience in Product Management, or related field
- Experience contributing to large digital efforts (1y+/multi-million dollar product development efforts in the web and Mobile space)
- Demonstrates fluency with agile/lean concepts, human-centered design, design sprints, and other product innovation methods.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong strategic abilities.
- Shows working knowledge across multiple functional areas such as product strategy, design, and market research but also exhibits depth in a relevant discipline.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran