Dir, Content Strategy & External Comms
Tessian protects every business's mission by securing the human layer ?
We're building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error - like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks - with minimal disruption to employees' workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way. You can read more about Human Layer Security here.
Tessian has raised a $74m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude, Okta, Sozo, Citi & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors, has hubs in San Francisco, Boston, Austin, and London, and is one of the Top-3 2021 Best Places to Work for Women.
Director, Content Strategy & External Communications
Tessian's Marketing team is looking for a Director, Content Strategy & External Communications.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented professional to develop, execute and lead Tessian's content strategy supporting every stage of the buyer's journey, integrated campaigns and brand awareness.
In this role you will partner with internal & external stakeholders to position Tessian as a strategic thought leader in the email security space.
You will research and synthesize broader market trends and create compelling content for different personas at different stages of the buyer's journey.
Responsibilities within this role include the following channels: blog, social media, podcast, PR, research, multi-media and contribution to the website.
This position will report directly to the VP marketing, working closely with cross-functional teams and managing 2 direct reports and 2 agencies.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll get to:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive content strategy in support of integrated campaigns, buyer journey and brand awareness.
- Plan, write, edit, and manage marketing content assets and content calendar (including blogs, eBooks, videos, white papers, solution briefs, landing pages, newsletter and emails).
- Work across the marketing and company to define our content roadmap.
- Manage freelance writers, PR agency.
- Proactively identify opportunities for content creation and experiment with new formats.
- Find creative ways to create, package and distribute content to drive pipeline & brand awareness.
- Use available research and data to drive effective content to reach the right audiences at the right time.
- Lead SEO strategy, including content development and measurement.
- Optimize content effectiveness by analyzing KPIs and metrics for each channel.
- Own content for the following channels blog, social media, podcast, PR, multi-media content and contribute to website content.
We'd love to meet someone who:
- 5-8 years of experience in a Content role (Startup experience ideal)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious and passionate about the email security space
- Experience working with B2B SAAS companies within the cybersecurity space
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and tackle challenges with a positive attitude
- Successful history of meeting quarterly targets to execute with urgency & excellence
Why we think you'll love it here ?...
All Tessians are part of the journey we're on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above market rate salaries for companies of our size.
Beyond this, there's plenty more that makes Tessian a great place to work:
A full week of work-remote a year (for those who aren't fully remote!), in addition to 31 days of paid holiday (20 days PTO + 11 federal holidays)
An extra day of paid holiday (up to 5) for every year you're with us!
Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you
We're family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life
Up to 60 days of working abroad, limited to 30 days per trip a year
Spill - employee mental health support through Slack
High-quality MacOs tech kit for you to work on
Comprehensive & generous health insurance options
If you're relocating to join the team in person, we'll provide a contribution to help with your costs
On Fridays we stop early for a virtual happy hour (or, to just log off for the weekend!)
Classpass subsidy - which you can use for either in person or virtual classes
A work-from-home subsidy for every new joiner to cover all your home office must-haves or, if you are fully remote we will kit out your home office through our remote office provider, First Base.
Amazing Remote socials with food and drink budgets
Fertility support via Carrot covering adoption, surrogacy support, fertility treatments, support during pregnancy and more
And, if you are based near one of our hubs (currently Boston & Austin), you will also have access to:
An array of breakfast options, delicious snacks, drinks and a top-of-the-range coffee machine
Flexible work from home policy (for those who aren't already fully remote)
Team lunch provided once a week
Whole team socials every quarter
Dinner budget for those times you just can't tear yourself away
Equality & diversity
Our mission to empower and protect people is a reflection of two of our values: Human First and We Do the Right Thing. For us, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is also a reflection of these core values.
As a human first company, we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where all our Tessians have the opportunity to thrive. We strive for a better Tessian, and a better world. We're working inside and outside Tessian to improve diversity and equity in our industry, and foster an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
Our strategy touches each part of a Tessian's life cycle, from applicant to employee, ensuring that we keep DEI at the core of every point in our candidate and employee experience. Read more about our DEI commitments here.
Obligatory small print
Please note that we do not accept applications or r?sum?s from recruiters. Any unsolicited CVs, profiles, or names, submitted in any format, by any channel, to any of our team, will be deemed to fall outside any terms and/or conditions with either the person submitting the information or their company of employment/representation.
Please note, that any job offers will be subject to the candidate passing background screening checks.
We're a #LI-Remote company offering Choice First working practices where possible.