Director, Customer Experience
This position will be leading activities focused on improving the experiences our customers are having as their journeys have them experiencing Hyland across functional departments and functions. Best practice delivery methods and process
engineering techniques like kaizen that brings teams together to support continuous improvement will be an important part of this work.
What you will be doing
- Drive the global customer experience. Develop a strategy that delivers a differentiated customer experience ensuring alignment with strategic priorities.
- Orchestrate and drive the customer experience initiatives across the company, building the voice of the customer programs, while executing upon the vision for the cross-company customer experience initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships with key, cross-functional partners to share key learnings. Translate business questions, concerns, and challenges into customer information needs.
- Provide global updates regarding prioritization of customer programs with internal resources to ensure there is consistent and cohesive understanding of priorities regarding the on-going development and updates on programs.
- Drive the team to analyze and interpret a mix of qualitative and quantitative data to construct compelling narratives and provide recommendations on what drives customer’s loyalty in order to create actions.
- Develop overall strategic messaging, branding and positioning of customer experience program, development of customer focused nurture campaigns, external communications, and customer events in partnership with marketing. This includes global cross-functional team collaboration with stakeholders
- Evangelize and raise awareness of the value of the voice of the customer insights across the organization; champion a customer experience culture.
- Establish and assure leadership adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
- Maintain close relationships with customers to ensure understanding of customer and industry needs and perspectives. Work with team to provide feedback to sales and development to help inform ongoing product development and product enhancements
- Mentor, develop, and coach team members
- Manage and direct all aspects of performance and compensation management for direct reports and provide coaching and development opportunities
- Recruit, retain, and develop team members
- Work with the leadership to plan the strategic vision, organizational structure, operating policies and procedures and management practices to ensure department delivers operational excellence
- Critically and consistently evaluate effectiveness of team efforts, regularly evaluating policies, procedures, and processes for improvement
- Serve as an escalation point for issues; provide guidance and resolve issues as necessary
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland’s Information Systems Security Policy
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent professional or academic experience
- 10+ years’ experience in leading Global Customer Experience transformation work such as Voice of the Customer/Customer Advocacy global programs in a software and/or SaaS company.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in prior management experience
- Extensive experience in a leadership role in a software/SaaS company working with cross-functional teams in support, services, and sales.
- Strong business acumen and experience in managing potentially contentious customer feedback in a software environment.
- Global mindset and experience working for a global organization across multiple functions and regions.
- Demonstrated success leading project management teams and managing complex cross-functional projects in a global business setting.
- Ability to see from the customer point of view and championing that view across the company.
- Proven relationship management skills and ability to communicate and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven success driving marketing/strategic messaging in a SW/SaaS environment
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility/accountability in managing expenses and budget
- Excellent oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Highly organized and experienced in multi-tasking and time management
- Ability to constructively discuss and gain consensus on critical topics
- Passionate, competitive and intellectually curious
- Up to 15% travel time may be required
- ased on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $121,000 - $168,000 and eligible for bonus and benefits.
What you can expect next
- Hyland Recruiters thoroughly review every application and will contact you within 1 to 2 weeks regarding next steps. Be sure to add Hyland to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us!
- Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at Careers@Hyland.com.
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program.
Find out more by going to https://www.hyland.com/en/careers/life-at-hyland.
Welcome to #HylandLife
Since 1991, it has been Hyland’s mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do – whether it’s helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we’ve grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.