Director of Business Development
Jellysmack is the global creator company that uses AI fueled technology to detect and develop the world’s most talented video creators on social media. We’re an optimistic crew who naturally goes the extra mile, has a glass-half-full mindset, and sees challenges as opportunities. We look for positive people who think outside the box, are inventive, bold, lead change, and believe that teamwork matters.
We are looking for a Director of Business Development who will be responsible for finding and building new partnerships and business opportunities for Jellysmack and its creators. In this role you will seek out and pitch new partners, negotiate platform deals and launch the new business operation.
The team’s goal is to ensure that Jellysmack is the premier partner for platforms who are looking to scale their creator business.
This role will report directly to the Global Head of Platform Partnerships and will spearhead our relationship management at the platforms and to ultimately drive revenue growth from new partners (Pinterest, Spotify, Twitter, TikTok) and new businesses (OTT, Podcasting, Merchandise, etc)
- Build strategic recommendations for leadership on new business opportunities and partnerships for Jellysmack including a review of the landscape and P&L projections
- Navigate and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers at leading global technology platform companies (ie. Pinterest, Spotify, Twitter, TikTok etc.)
- Act as a representative for the company and our creator partners internally at the platforms. Ensure Jellysmack has the highest level relationships globally and across all the key areas (Revenue, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Partnerships) within the platforms.
- Articulate and refine Jellysmack value proposition, to secure partner commitments to enter into mutually beneficial, sustainable relationships and programs.
- Lead the full life-cycle of partnership execution from initial partner engagement through deal structure, close, onboarding and launch.
- Lead a cross-functional team to operationalize the new partnerships and businesses.
- Manage all platform contacts and relationships within Jellysmack global leadership to optimize our access and impact with platforms.
- Drive revenue growth through ensuring Jellysmack creators are actively monetized and activated on platforms – and have access to all new and developing growth, monetization and product programs.
- Eliminate roadblocks for the operations team to function at peak performance and optimize the platform operations team to drive key KPIs.
- Develop forecasts and models to measure the value and impact of potential partnerships.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, including finance, marketing, operations, legal and product to ensure creator success and drive important KPIs.
- Identify new growth opportunities at the platforms and ensure Jellysmack is partner of choice for all creator driven product evolutions.
A Little About You
- 5-10 years demonstrated progressive experience in Business Development/Digital Distribution or Partnerships at a major social platform.
- Comprehensive understanding of social video, digital content and related dealmaking.
- Current experience with today’s social media platforms such as Twitch, Facebook, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Instagram is required.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth via partnerships.
- Familiarity with sales strategies, processes, and best practices across partnership lifecycles.
- Experience with managing key metrics for partnership success.
- Strong strategic, analytical ability and intellectual curiosity to drive performance. improvement and solve business challenges.
- MBA a plus
Jellysmack is the global creator company that uses technology to turn the talented video creators of today into the digital icons of tomorrow. Our powerful AI detects the most promising creators and helps skyrocket their social growth through multi-platform distribution, financial backing, and data-driven content production. Jellysmack’s all-encompassing infrastructure provides the world’s best creators with solutions they need to save time, take risks, and maximize their value.
Jellysmack is a trusted growth partner that currently helps hundreds of top creators Go Bigger across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, and more. Our elite roster includes names like MrBeast, Bailey Sarian, Nas Daily, Brad Mondo, and Patrick Starrr.
Jellysmack believes in a flexible work environment in which anyone can work from anywhere. This is why we’ve implemented our flexible location philosophy, meaning you get the best of both worlds: you can choose to work from home and /or from our offices in Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Corti.
In order to make sure you get the best working environment, you will get a $300 / EUR 250 allowance to get set up!
- Early Summer release Fridays
- Paid volunteering: 1 day dedicated to supporting a cause of your choice
- Company sponsored wellness programs and events
- Competitive Healthcare coverage
- 401K match
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion at Jellysmack, we believe that the best ideas come from the diverse cultures of our team members. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us forward every day. Creating a work culture that is safe and comfortable for our people to flourish is our main focus.
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? We’re dedicated to making the best working environment possible for our people. All you have to do is apply; we are ready to let you show off your talent!