Director, Sales Enablement
You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing global Enterprise SaaS companies and experience true startup culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate, and to shape the future of the company and how we serve our customers. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work – it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for an experienced Sales Enablement leader to create and deliver best-in-class onboarding, education, and training programs, including courses, content, and product/demo flows that help our global sales team perform. The ideal candidate will bring an execution mindset where they are excited to own the global education and training function. They will bring a vision and playbook and will roll up their sleeves, working to support our growing sales team. New account executives at Near can take months to get onboarded and up to speed, given the highly consultative and technical nature of our data and platforms. Your mission in this role will be to develop a global education curriculum, digestible and compelling training content, and other sales enablement strategies to help speed the time it takes for new sales reps (and current reps) to win and close deals. You will be a key player in our rapidly-scaling Sales Enablement & Solutions Engineering function, and you will play a critical role in bridging the relationship between our sales and product teams.
You will work directly with our Vice President of Sales Enablement & Solutions Engineering, and in concert with Near’s global Sales/Revenue leadership team, to develop and execute a modern Sales Enablement strategy to empower our account executives. As such, it will be important for you to build and maintain strong personal relationships with our sales, product, and industry teams, as a key point of contact to help enable their success.
A Day in the Life
- Create, program, and lead a modern sales training curriculum for consultative sales, solution-selling, and SaaS teams -- with assorted content, multimedia, role play, and ongoing/continuing education series
- Partner with go-to-market leadership to define sales curriculum and education strategy at Near
- Develop scalable ways to introduce new content and update existing trainings
- Leverage data and insights to identify key learning opportunities and gaps
- Become an expert on our products, go-to-market philosophy, our industry, and how we solve our customers’ needs
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with sales team leaders and account executives to ensure they are supported, while developing insights into our sales motion and challenges
- Be a vocal champion for sales / go-to-market programs at Near
- Create, deliver, and drive adoption of sales-enabling content such as: product value prop and competition documents (e.g., battlecards), product demo/tutorial videos, vertical- specific trends/customer pain points, positioning statements, and slides
- Develop expert knowledge of our products’ global buying audiences/ICPs and their needs, while becoming a subject matter expert who transfers knowledge about markets, buyers, and emerging trends
- Manage freelance/contractors and other partners for training content development (as needed)
- Lead/cultivate and manage regional partnerships for training delivery (as needed)
- Set and manage an annual budget in a fast-scaling, global organization
What you bring to the Role
- 8+ years of experience in sales operations/enablement, learning and development, revenue enablement, sales, go-to-market, or similar (bonus points for a combination!)
- High ownership: you are not satisfied until every salesperson achieves their potential
- Brings a Sales Training, Education, and Onboarding playbook they have successfully developed and repeatedly implemented in prior roles in high growth organizations.
- Startup B2B experience highly preferred – demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Comfortable in a global role and with presence/forceful personality to drive global education standards, delivery, adoption/compliance, and metrics-based performance management
- Familiar with MEDDIC / MEDDPICC sales methodology and consultative selling motion
- Experience leveraging modern LMS/CMS and related tools/platforms, integrations with Hubspot, etc
- Sales experience and understanding of SaaS sales best practices preferred
- Highly collaborative and able to work across functional teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Product
- Appetite for the technical: you’ll jump right in and learn how our products work and understand the insights we provide to our customers
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator: you make the complex simple
- Familiarity with common sales tools like Hubspot and Gong
- Bachelor’s degree required
Near is the world’s definitive source of actionable intelligence on People, Places, and Products. We are the global leader in Human Movement Data which leading brands and service providers rely on to make mission critical strategic, operational, and investment decisions.
The Near Platform powers data-driven marketing, enrichment, and operational improvement through a suite of SaaS products. Users of Near platforms can leverage audience, spatial, retail/commercial, and other data in a privacy-led environment.
Near’s global solution scale is unmatched, covering 1.6+ billion people, 70 million points of interest across 44+ countries, and 250,000+ mobile apps, among other unique datasets — and we’re just getting started.
Near Platforms integrate the most accurate, reliable, and recent online and offline datasets to deliver insights on day-to-day consumer behaviors, preferences, and attributes to F500 and global brands. These insights enable teams to identify and engage their most valuable customers and prospects. Using our intuitive and highly responsive SaaS platform, we maximize time-to-value by putting the power of these insights in the hands of our clients.
Founded in 2012, Near is headquartered in Singapore with North American HQ in Los Angeles, and offices in New York, London, Paris, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Sydney.
Near is backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, JP Morgan Private Equity Group, Cisco Investments, Telstra Ventures, and Greater Pacific Capital.
Looking to get NEAR your customers? Learn more: @near, near.com, and on YouTube.