Director, UX Research & Design
At ReturnLogic, exceptional user experiences are essential to our product and what our customers need from our platform. We are looking for an equally exceptional leader who will help shape the user experience research and design to fuel our next stage of growth.
You have at least 10 years of experience as a practicing designer, with at least 5 years building and managing design teams. You pride yourself in your ability to identify and nurture talent, while creating an environment for everyone to do their best work.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a Director of UX Research & Design to grow and lead a talented team of UX designers. You will work with cross-functional leaders across product management, engineering, product marketing, and customer success teams to ensure that the customer remains central to how we build our product. You will be a part of our Product & Engineering organization’s senior leadership team, conveying the impact of user experience to the larger organization, and shaping how the product organization innovates in a high-growth environment. You will initiate, drive, and measure positive change in product research and design practices that serve internal and cross-functional needs.
This role will have 4 primary responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product development partners and stakeholders to achieve business goals predictably and sustainably
- Lead and grow a team of UX designers meeting the needs of the product department
- Create the organizational structure, define the roles, and establish the philosophy/mindset for how the team approaches its work
- Drive innovative efforts that uncover new value with new experiences
- 10+ years of experience designing digital products and services
- 5+ years building and managing design teams in a high-growth environment
- Clear, concise, and cogent communication skills
- Experience coaching and managing people managers and leaders
- Experience working at a high-growth SaaS company – particularly Enterprise SaaS, and particularly B2B2C
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in solving defined and undefined problem spaces
- Solid understanding of practical UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- Successful usage, adoption, and/or implementation of a design system within complex software
- Clear understanding of web application best practices
- Broad and deep subject matter expertise in software product research and design
- Ability to establish, circulate and maintain user personas and end-to-end user experiences
- Extensive experience leading and growing a diverse and distributed team of UX designers in a start-up environment
- Extensive knowledge of product research and design tools, practices, processes, and models
- Demonstrable success in driving product research and design vision, strategy, and execution at the product level
- Be empathetic, creative, confident, assertive, and analytical
- Half Day Fridays (through end of 2022)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k with match)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Paid Family Leave (birthing and non-birthing parents)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- $130,000 to $160,000
We are a company led by start-up people that like solving problems and building things. The leadership team is transparent and engages every employee in the strategy, objectives, targets — and results.
At ReturnLogic we value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives each team member brings to our workplace every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you are a close but not exactly match with the description, we hope you will still consider applying.