Hi! Before diving into the job details, let's give you some context on who we are and what to expect when joining the team.
Typeform has seen significant change since it was founded 10 years ago. We’re expanding from a small Barcelona-based business to a truly international and remote company. Our vision is a world of more personal business relationships. We believe we can create that world by living our mission: To bring people closer with better conversations.
To do so, we look for people who are curious, ready to own their objectives, and passionate about taking organizations to their next chapter. But we are aware it’s not for everyone, our environment is perfect for those willing to become a change agent and roll up their sleeves to build our rocket ship.
About the Role
In the Lifecycle Marketing team, we empower our customers to grow and engage with their clients building beautiful and effective typeforms and videoasks, by developing timely communication, through email or in-app messages, helping them achieve their outcomes. That helps them make progress in their business, provide an unparalleled experience to their customers and ensures they remain loyal users and advocates for Typeform in their communities.
We are looking for an Email Developer to join our Lifecycle Marketing team. You will be responsible for increasing email marketing success by coding, building, and testing email communications for our lifecycle marketing programs and campaigns. You will be the enabler of the team’s success by bringing innovation and creativity to our email marketing communications.
In your role, you will work closely with the Brand Studio and Brand teams to create best in class email templates, and to ensure all aspects of our emails conform to the team vision, bringing to life our strategies and delighting our customers at every interaction.
You should thrive in ambiguous situations, enjoy analytics, and have a fearless A/B test mentality. To be successful, you must be proactive, eager to learn and detail-oriented. We will highly value your ability to solve practical problems, develop strong cross-functional relationships, and adapt fluidly to the needs of the business.
Things you will do:
- Utilize HTML/CSS and email marketing best practices to create and code interactive experiences for email.
- Develop/improve responsive email templates and existing campaigns
- Contribute to the continued modernization and evolution of the brand, keeping up with industry standards and trends
- Apply the best practices in email development, email compliance regulations, and accessibility
- Ensure identical rendering across browsers, ESPs, and devices
- Troubleshoot HTML, CSS, and other performance issues
- Proactively work with teammates to improve processes and work methods for greater efficiency, output quality and minimize error rate
- Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions in regard to design, layout, messaging and deliverability; propose test concepts and ideas for improvement
- Contribute to the production of email briefs to Brand Studio designers and copywriters
- Assist with reporting email KPIs
What you already bring to the table:
- Ability to act as a point of escalation for technical requests or issues;
- Ability to take a technical leadership role whenever necessary;
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS; table-based layouts & mobile responsive coding experience is a must;
- 2+ years of experience as an Email Developer;
- Testing and QA of email in multiple browsers, clients and ISPs;
- Extensive experience with email testing tools
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies quickly;
- Knowledge of email construction and best practices;
- 4-5 years email marketing experience utilizing Iterable, Braze, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar softwares
- Expertise in dynamic content and personalization
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
To fulfill our vision (Bring people in) and mission (To bring people closer with better conversations), our 500 remote Typeformers from 55 different countries come together to live up and deliver on that promise.
As a remote-first company, we can hire in Spain, the United States, the United Kingdom, Colombia, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and Portugal. The location is to be subjected to change, depending on the role.
With our (future) Typeformers, we will accelerate our product development, nurture emerging technologies, expand headcount, and deepen strategic partnerships across our platform with this investment.
Why? Simply because 89% of companies say online is their principal customer interaction channel.
Yet, only 34% of companies treat customers as unique individuals.
Are you ready to join us and make a difference?
* Typeform drives hundreds of millions of interactions per year, powering conversational, human-led experiences all over the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We believe that by celebrating our differences, we can win together.