Entry/Jr. Software Developer
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking Entry/Jr. Software Developers to join our Product Engineering team. Ideally we're looking for candidates who are within commuting distance to Westminster as access to our secured facility will be needed, however, we are open to remote locations within the U.S. for the right person.
If you enjoy working collaboratively to encode complex cloud native services supporting world class satellite operations this would be an excellent opportunity for you to explore. We encounter difficult problems in our software domains, and we strive to solve them elegantly. You and your teammates will be responsible for the full development cycle of our suite of AWS microservices. Our services transform data from our world leading constellation of satellites into amazing products. You will fill an important role on a team that values collaboration, a gritty can-do attitude and continual learning. An ideal candidate will love to practice world-class software engineering disciplines and bring a quality first mindset to work every day. We embrace a culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and we focus on succeeding as a team. Maxar provides an opportunity to work in a vibrant, mature Agile environment. We embrace transparency and relish feedback loops that drive continuous improvement. We are a development partner with AWS and embrace cloud native solutions where they make sense for our business.
At Maxar, we realize that “Space is Cool”. From manufacturing and flying satellites, to producing image products that can be seen in everyday apps like Google Maps to contributing earth imagery to stop slavery in the fishing industry. We don’t create typical software and we aren’t solving the same old problems that a hundred other companies are solving. We make a difference in the world, and we always seek to harness our capabilities For A Better World. Opportunities and growth are abundant at Maxar and we’d love to have you join our team.
We live Maxar’s core values every day. Three of those values, “You Matter”; “We Act Like Owners”; and “We Stay Curious”, create a backdrop where your growth, success and fulfillment are foundational elements to everything we do. We provide amazing resources to support learning and we set aside time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications and education reimbursement. We will work with you to define a career path that takes you where you want to go.
What you will do with your teammates:
- Develop and enhance back end services and user interfaces to exceed our customer expectations. This includes extensive test automation to ensure stability and evolving to high reliability through CI/CD practices.
- Foster and support the on-going growth and practices of agile cloud development within the organization.
- Pioneer new and innovative solutions leveraging the newest offerings from AWS
- Provide Tier-3 level support of the software you and your team own.
- Own multiple services and user interfaces that make up part of our complex ground system.
- Collaborate with motivated and highly skilled teammates. To us, this means being empathetic, being a good listener, sharing your knowledge and co-creating an environment where great ideas can rise from anyone in the organization.
Minimum Requirements for this Position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science or related preferred). 4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Entry-level candidates will have demonstrated experience with Python or Java
- Junior-level candidates will have 2+ years of using Python or Java to provide enterprise quality solutions. A Masters degree can count for 2 year of experience.
- Experience with
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Spatial databases
- Exposure to building and supporting solutions in AWS
- Ability to apply for and hold a Secret National Security Clearance
These skills would be amazing:
- Agile software development lifecycle experience
- 1+ years of building and supporting solutions in AWS
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to stay organized while balancing multiple priorities
- AWS Associate or Pro Certification
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross team collaboration
- SAFe Agilest 4 Certification
- Experience within the Aerospace Industry
- Experience building monitoring and alerting in a serverless architecture
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.