The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are open without restrictions and most of our team has autonomy to decide whether to work on-site, remotely, or hybrid. Interviews will be held virtually.
We embrace remote work arrangements and are open to that option; preference will be given to candidates in the Alaska, Pacific and Mountain time zones. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally.
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, challenging and interesting work, and a dedication to continually increasing our competencies.
We’re expanding with a new role to support some of our senior leaders. The Executive Assistant will support the four members of the Operations Committee and work closely with the Director of Operations to ensure efficient processes and support. You’ll be a trusted colleague working alongside leadership to ensure schedules are well-managed, tasks are attended to, and communication is timely and effective. You’ll work regularly with owners and will be a part of a larger firm operations team that helps the accountants focus on what they do best and contributes to firm initiatives and goals.
This could be the perfect job for you if you like a professional work environment but not taking yourself too seriously. You’ll have inside exposure to the running of the firm, get to learn from executives, and become a critical part of a high performing team.
What’s in it for you?
Perkins is not the stereotypical, old-fashioned, stuffy firm. You’ll work for leaders who genuinely care about you and their teams. Your colleagues will be smart, driven individuals who appreciate excellence (and the power of laughter).
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the President, Director of Operations, Tax Practice Leader, and Audit Practice Leader—collectively, the Operations Committee. The Executive Assistant will report to the Director of Operations.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to Operations Committee members.
- Provide calendar management including scheduling meetings with internal and external contacts, proactively identifying conflicts or double bookings, and adjusting calendar appointments as needed.
- May attend meetings as requested to take minutes and coordinate follow up action items.
- Perform administrative tasks including drafting communications, running and manipulating reports, coordinating and communicating with owners and employees, arranging and aggregating information, and updating documents.
- Support the administration of shareholder legal documents related to promotions and ownership changes.
- Support the administration of the shareholder candidate training program including scheduling training sessions, updating handouts, and distributing information to prepare attendees for sessions.
- In executives’ absence, ensure that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate owner or employee.
- Support project work and firm initiatives as assigned.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by executives.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills; skilled with writing communications in a professional office environment
- Excellent organizational and task management skills.
- Consistently performs self-review of work product and has high attention to detail.
- Great time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Word, and Excel) with the ability to learn new software skills and programs such as Microsoft Teams and Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to think critically about tasks, make suggestions, and ask relevant questions to produce quality work.
- Able to conduct self with professional discretion and maintain total confidentiality within appropriate groups and levels.
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- At least four years of related work experience required. Experience supporting executives preferred.
- Experience working in a professional office environment; professional services experience preferred (legal, engineering, insurance, banking, accounting, etc.)
- Remote work as desired; Pacific or Mountain time zone strongly preferred
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Please apply today for consideration!
A cover letter is not required, but would be appreciated. If you decide to submit one, please let us know why you are interested in this opportunity and how you believe you will add value to the role.
Questions? Email our recruiting team (Areena Mclaughlin, Julie Brodell-Martin, and Vanessa Lopez) at email@example.com.
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)