Finance & Strategy Associate
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We're a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most expanding industry in the world, so join us for the ride.
The Finance & Strategy team's core mission is to help Deliveroo make more engaging decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it's important that we foster and evolve a team culture to let each team member to grow.
This candidate will report to the Finance & Strategy Manager and provide analytical driven insight to support decision makers and understand the P&L impact of those decisions. You will work with partners to manage data and model strategic programmes to lead the long-term growth of the business. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, has and can work with senior management.
The job will involve:
- Work with your manager to model and review appropriate strategic programmes and support delivery of the long-range plans
- Understand and influence the causes of performance to help build the top and bottom line
- Support the wider business by working with them through business casing for several new programmes
- Provide proactive, high-quality analysis to support decision-making in the context of wider business possible effects
- Translate actions and programmes into targets and long-range plans for the business
- Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) skills
- Experience influencing partners at multiple levels
- 2+ years of data analysis in an analytical, strategic or commercial role
- Complex financial modelling experience
- The ability to explain findings
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer many great benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a experience with (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an exciting space.