Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 14M users across more than 200k companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconic, and Coatue.
We are looking for someone who will be a foundational early member of the Finance team. In this role, you will support the development and operational excellence of financial models and partner closely with business leaders to ensure the financial and operational rigor of the business. You will get plugged in across the business and use financial analyses to understand our key business levers, uncover and communicate insights, identify opportunities and drive action. You will help us scale to support Loom's growth, including developing processes, implementing business-critical systems and growing the Finance team.
- Support our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, rolling financial forecasts, and the underlying financial planning models, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to provide financial analysis, drive visibility into operating performance and ensure they have the necessary resources to invest in key initiatives
- Develop modeling and analysis to track both team-specific and business-wide trends, understand variance drivers and communicate insights to drive action
- Assist with financial and metrics reporting to the leadership team and the Board of Directors
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of relevant experience in FP&A, operational finance, investment banking or related fields in a rapidly growing tech company
- A highly entrepreneurial “roll up your sleeves” mindset; excited about making an impact at a fast-growing company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and develop concrete action plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and to build strong working relationships
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting and revenue recognition principles underlying SaaS businesses
- Experience with financial systems including NetSuite, Salesforce and Stripe. Experience with SQL or willingness to learn
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- 99% company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Home office & technology reimbursement
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.