Full Stack Developer
Are you a developer who values working with other self-starters to build software with a meaningful mission?
As a Steampunk Senior Full Stack Developer, you will be working with a team of software engineers, testers, designers, and product managers to bring our teams conceptual solutions to life in a mature Agile/DevSecOps environment. You will leverage your technical experience by building exceptional solutions and products. Our developers are committed to continuously learning and aren’t afraid of solving a challenging problem with self-motivation and determination.
Our teams and our customer value their mission greatly and enjoy the idea that they can see the real impact of their work in human lives every single day.
As a Steampunk Full Stack Developer, you’ll be working with a team of software engineers, test automation engineers, designers, and product owners to bring our teams conceptual solutions to life in a mature Agile/DevSecOps environment. You will be leveraging your experience by working with different application teams and technology stacks in order to provide our clients with exceptional solutions and functional products. As a developer, you will be hands on with the development of new functionality and will be expected to not only deliver product releases, but also to ensure solutions follow Steampunk’s philosophy of human centered design and co-created experiences. Steampunk developers are committed to continuously learning and aren’t afraid of solving a challenging problem with self-motivation and determination.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field required
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrate sharp, analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- 8+ years of experience with software development, software architecture, APIs, and microservices
- 8+ years of experience with building software using agile methods
- 5+ years of experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration in a DevOps environment
- 5+ years of experience developing solutions in Microsoft Azure
- 5+ years of experience with database engineering, and manipulating relational and NOSQL databases
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure as code environments, including any activities around automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, and monitoring and testing, such as CI/CD
- 5+ years of experience with automating tests for determining quality, security, performance and usability of a system.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as OpenShift, EKS, and Docker
- Experience writing and evaluating user stories, acceptance criteria, and pull-requests
- Experience working in HCD, Agile, and DevSecOps environments
Preferred Skills / Attributes:
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Ansible or Terraform.
- Experience with Lean Design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- A passion to contribute to the full stack – the front-end, back-end and anything in-between (middleware or otherwise).
- Ability to mentor younger software engineers
Steampunk is a Change Agent in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers – and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.