Head of Sales
Did you get yourself a job in grade school? This is a role to replace the founder, develop and lead a department, in a fast-growing B2B podcast agency.
We’ve run into the champagne problem of having more leads than we can keep up with and not enough time to proactively grow in the areas we know we can do great work with brands.
Enter the Head of Sales.
Who is Lower Street and what do we do?
Lower Street is a fast growing podcast agency. We work with brands to develop, produce, and grow award-winning shows.
We have doubled in revenue two years in a row, and are currently 17 fully remote people across the UK, US, Canada, Portugal, Israel, the Philippines (plus a digital nomad currently working from Bulgaria!). Our latest eNPS score is 77 – the team really love working here and maintaining our amazing remote culture is something we obsess over.
We have grown to be a 7 figure agency through organic inbound traffic alone and have ambitious goals ahead. A key to those goals is a successful Head of Sales who can grow into a future CRO. While the position’s compensation right now may not be as competitive as others, this will change very quickly and your contributions will be directly responsible for this.
What’s the role?
If your sales mantra is Always Be Closing then this is not the role for you.
You’ll be reporting directly to and working very closely with the founder. Lower Street is still an early stage company, and as such the Head of Sales will be entering on the ground floor to explore, engage, and enroll new clients.
You won’t be babysat, you won’t be micromanaged.
You’ll be speaking to brands of all sizes and helping them to develop creative solutions to their problems without ever getting stuck into the weeds of implementing the plans you create with them.
You’ll work closely with the Head of Marketing to identify our best customer segments and strategies to attract more high value prospects and fuel our sales funnel.
There is a clear path for this role to become more strategy focussed in the future. As an established company in the branded podcast industry, there is a huge amount of opportunity for us to expand our offerings, focus on specific verticals, develop strategic partnerships, optimize our pricing and packages, etc.
Who are we looking for?
- You love solving problems at a high level but not getting stuck into the nitty gritty of delivery. Strategizing but not implementing.
- You love talking to people.
- You love podcasts.
- You want to build a personal brand for yourself in the digital marketing world.
- You love learning and being seen as an expert.
You may have owned/led your own digital agency in the past and are looking to take what you’ve learned there and apply it to an established company in a growing space where you see potential.
Or you may be hungry, with a skillset, passion and drive to own Lower Street’s growth with incredible upside potential for you and your career.
By the way: we don’t expect you to be a podcasting expert today, but we expect you to become one with us. You should have a demonstrated understanding of content marketing.
If you thrive on autonomy, creativity, and trust, and dislike micromanagement, this could be the place for you.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Driven. Making an impact and solving interesting problems is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Human. You have a high EQ, love connecting with people, and are looking for a company culture you can thrive in long term.
- Expert. You have demonstrated expertise in the subjects you’re passionate about. You enjoy learning, mastering new skills, and communicating as a leader in your chosen field.
- Ambitious. You want to drive our growth and grow with us. You don’t want to stand still, but are action oriented and excited to steer the ship and own the results you deliver.
- Scrappy. You take pride in getting a lot done with the limited time and resources you have. You punch well above your weight.
Things you’ll do
- Own our sales pipeline
- Follow and build upon our proven sales system
- Handle all inbound enquiries
- Complete RFPs
- Sell to a variety of buyers from enterprise CMOs to agency founders
- Develop the sales funnel with email nurture sequences
- Put yourself out there as an expert in the field, building a personal brand and increasing Lower Street’s reach
- Work closely with the founder on strategic growth initiatives
Why this role?
Wage: $150k-$200k/year OTE
- Work from anywhere.
- Your house in the country, a coffee shop in the city, a yurt in the forest — we don’t mind. As long as you have strong enough wifi.
- Truly great work culture.
- We’re a young and small, but established company — you can make a real impact, but we’re not in the business of micromanagement.
- Flexible Hours.
- Outside of ideally having some working overlap with UK working hours, we have a globally distributed, asynchronous team.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and public holiday policy.
- Just throw us some notice and share where you go on holiday!
- Equipment Budget.
- Headphones, software, staplers, fax machine (probably not that last one) — whatever you need to be set up for success.
- Professional Development Allowance.
- Courses, conference tickets, books — we’re invested in you.
- Planned team retreats in really fun spots.
- At least once per year, we get together to collaborate and celebrate.
Like what you see?
If you’re thinking: “This is totally me!” then be sure to apply below. Even if you’re thinking: “This definitely could be me!” apply anyways — we love diverse and non-traditional backgrounds.
Please, sneak the word ‘Parsnip’ somewhere into your application to show us you read the whole job description.
We can’t wait to meet you!