Java Developer (Tier III Support)
We are actively searching for a Senior Support Java Developer (Tier III) to support our on-going Grant Solutions program for the Federal government customer. This is a full time Remote role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general technical trouble shooting & give consultation to development teams
- Work with Operations, DBA team and other program SMEs on coding standards and peer reviews.
- Assist in production software deployments working closely with other members of the production support group to ensure the proper transition of system changes into the production environments
- Demonstrate independence, creativity and initiative with the ability to understand the systems architecture and business goals
- Analyze data conversion/migration mapping logic
- Participate in project meetings with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
- Query optimization and troubleshooting of database related issues. Work closely with DBA and Development teams to optimized code
- Work with program SMEs to identify root cause issues in production system
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to read code-review complex code written by others
- Support continues improvement and investigating solutions
- Good database concepts and experience, preferable with SQL/PSQL
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must have: 3 years of experience with programming, create and modify SQL queries and PL\SQL code
- 1- 2 years of experience with data conversion/migration on medium to large scale projects
- 1- 2 years of experience supporting large production system with data issues
- Good to have experience supporting and troubleshooting SQL/PL, SQL*Plus and XML Publisher and Oracle RDBMS
- Ability to write clean, readable Java code
- Proficient in Java full stack developer skills and Java backend developer skills
- Good to have: Previous experience supporting Redshift databases
- Solid understanding of ETL concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or related field preferred.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail, have a strong customer focus, collaborate and function effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data and system performance issues
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Qualified candidates MUST be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Strong teamwork, planning, and coordination skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability, and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to independently research and resolve technical problems in a complex IT environment with local and remote groups
The proposed salary range for this position is $110,000 to $140,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors such as geography, experience, certifications, etc.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.