Lead Compliance Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Critical Power & Digital Infrastructure division is currently seeking a Lead Compliance Engineer to join our team.
This position will be a hybrid office/remote role as long as you live within 50 miles of our Raleigh, NC facility.
Relocation benefits and sponsorship will be provided within the United States only.
Eaton’s Electrical Critical Power & Digital Infrastructure Division designs, manufactures, and services Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic-based products to ensure power reliability in the most demanding applications. Our employees deliver mission-critical solutions to our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be a key member of a world-class organization that creates market leading 3-phase products.
- Opportunities for career advancement through a defined technical track as well as broader Eaton career opportunities in various business functions. Raleigh is an Engineering Hub with roles in: Service, Manufacturing/Assembly, New product Development, and Product Management.
- Work in a modern hybrid collaborative environment. Eaton is committed to fostering a successful work/life balance. We provide flexibility to choose when you work from home and in the office. Learn more: Welcome to The Hub @ Raleigh (eaton.com)
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401K, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, paid parental leave.
This Lead Compliance Engineer supports our Uninterruptable Power Supply and UPS Accessory products. This position is responsible for defining requirements for meeting regulatory certification for UPS equipment.
In this function you will:
- Setting the stage and plans for what requirements need to be met for UPS equipment based upon the geographic location it will be sold into, communicate the plan to design team/business leaders, work with design team, and validation/agency testing to ensure all criteria set-out in the plan is attained.
- Maintaining certifications and ensure business is up to date on any changes in requirements both from a safety and environmental perspective.
- Interfacing with multifunctional teams consisting of individuals from product design, validation testing, manufacturing, and product engineering, acting as a consultant and reviewer in matters of agency compliance.
- Developing unique ways of uncovering product compliance issues before products are built. Bring product design issues and solutions to the fore front of discussion during product design reviews.
- Analyzing new and proposed requirements from geographical, national, and local code writing organizations to determine how they could impact products and therefore recommends changes to them to stay in compliance.
- Developing compliance test plans; reviews test facilities, setup, and instrumentation; supervises agency tests conducted by others.
- Analyzing test data for determination of validity and product compliance to specifications. Prepare and review test data materials for submittal to safety agencies.
- Preparing detailed product construction reports for submittal to safety agencies.
- Developing and maintain status in UL Client Data Test program and other global database to meet project requirements.
- Promoting safety and environmental compliance in design.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of four (4) years direct work experience in a regulatory compliance role with a consumer, DOD Contractor, or industrial products manufacturer.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with safety and legal requirements for information technology equipment, hazardous material handling and transportation.
- Experience in Electromagnetic compatibility (for safety, emissions and immunity).
- Experience with product safety certification with leading NRTL’s (UL, Intertek, TUV).
- Experience working with emerging environmental, FCC, TSCA and ROHS requirements.
Programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CPDI CPS Critical Power Solutions Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time