Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees cannot be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. We are looking for a dynamic paralegal with deep experience in litigation to join our rapidly growing Risk + Regulatory, Legal Professionals team. The Lead Paralegal, Litigation position is responsible for coordinating litigation support with inside and outside counsel plus managing litigation and claim tracking, legal holds, and discovery. This position will report directly to a Senior Lead Paralegal, Litigation and will partner with various members of the legal team and groups across the company to drive compliance and support litigation.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a good sense of humor are all essential. Background should demonstrate a strong attention to detail and experience in a role involving access to and management of highly sensitive and confidential information.
In this role you’ll get to
Manage Litigation Support
- Manage functions and assist internal and external legal teams in all aspects of litigation and claim management, including discovery, case preparation, tracking and communication of case-related dates and information, tracker/database maintenance, litigation management software, electronic discovery, and the review and preparation of documents, reports and correspondence
- Work with internal and external legal teams to track, manage and report on current, active litigation and claims
- Monitor case deadlines and manage multiple demanding projects with tight deadlines
- Effectively organize and maintain litigation matter files
- Identify, collect, and produce records and assist outside counsel in document collection and production for litigation, subpoenas and other document requests
- Assist in gathering information, data and key documents from and interviewing key custodians
- Effectively research and summarize factual and statistical data
- Prioritize projects effectively, communicate well and manage expectations for deliverables with managing attorneys
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal Certificate (or appropriate signed declaration from active member of California Bar) with demonstrated record for success as a paralegal
- Highly independent, needs little guidance, and can effectively prioritize and handle multiple demanding projects, deliver on time, and effectively inform manager and attorneys about progress.
- 10+ years of experience working in fast-paced top tier law firm or in-house legal department.
- High standards, empathetic and ethical approach, good judgment, well-honed organizational and analytical skills, strong oral and written communications skills, and a keen sense of humor
- Ability to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously while effectively prioritizing competing tasks in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Attention to detail and follow through with a team attitude that no job is too big or too small, a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid proficiency with litigation technology databases, litigation management tools, and electronic discovery software
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $112,000 and $140,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.