Lead Product Designer
McGraw Hill is seeking a Lead Media Product Designer to help us create next generation Science learning experiences for K-12 students and teachers. We’re looking for someone who can develop innovative solutions, brainstorm, and translate high-level visions into compelling print and digital experiences. If you have a passion for learning, teaching, and engaging media design then this is an opportunity to join a company creating the future of education!
This role will be filled as a 12-month contract with the possibility for renewal.
What you will be doing:
- Work with direct reports to develop engaging, user-centered, and purposeful media from concept through final delivery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to brainstorm, design, research, acquire, track, and seek approval for all media assets: art; photo; video; sound; animation; etc. Clearly articulate choices to cross-functional teams and key stakeholders.
- Provide clear expectations and feedback to vendor partners. Monitor and report project status and guide team’s work to ensure media assets meet expectations for quality, data capture, scalability, alignment to media strategy, budget, and schedule.
- Develop guidelines for media development for both internal and external vendor partners based on project and team needs.
- Seek innovative and cost-saving ways to fulfill asset needs by reviewing specs and strategizing media objectives.
- Possess a high degree of creativity, visual communication, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, embody the work ethic and personality that thrives in a fast-paced culture with tight deadlines, shifting priorities, and cross functional team collaboration.
- Advocate for direct reports and team; helps get them visibility, support, and resources they need to grow; balances individual, team, and company needs while delivering results.
Desired Requirements & Experience:
- BA, BFA, or formal design degree in one of the following: art, film, audio, video, motion graphics, photography, design, or related field
- 5+ years’ work experience with art buying, media research and acquisition, media development, and project management.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Microsoft office. Smartsheet expertise a plus.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The average base salary range for this position is around $70,000 - $90,000 annually , however, base salary pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, such as a company provided vehicle, depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Pay Transparency Bill and the Colorado Equal Pay Act.