Lead Technical Writer
Meet The Team
Our Hitachi Vantara Technical Publications team as a Lead Technical Writer. Qualified individuals will have a background in documenting software, balancing multiple projects, meeting deadlines with quality, and collaborating successfully with teams. The successful candidate will work closely with documentation team, software engineers, product managers, and support engineers to enhance and advance the documentation product for the Hitachi Vantara digital solutions portfolio.
The Lead Technical Writer is tactical and strategic, and in the short and the long term, the candidate will be
instrumental in our efforts to plan, create, organize, and refine content for both technical and
What You Will Be Doing
- Proficient in working within structured authoring environments preferred (DITA, Oxygen, SDL)
- Familiar with Agile & Scrum methodologies
- Passionate about getting things done while meeting quality standards and deadlines
- Flexible when working collaboratively with others
- Able to participate in peer editing with other members of the team as needed
- Able to explain difficult concepts concisely for multiple audiences.
- Able to meet writing goals in team environments
- Open to accepting and incorporating feedback from peers, SMEs, and leadership.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies
- Writing and editing technical communications materials and deployment of business
- integration and analysis software applications and solutions, IT systems, and technical services
- Reliably meet deadlines related to scheduled content updates, content changes for
- immediate release to customers and prospects, and software release dates
- Simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects
- Conduct interviews and attend meetings with SMEs, engineers, and other stakeholders to
- gather technical specs and use cases for writing projects
- Work with developers and QA to ensure that documents are correct
- Participate with Scrum teams to deliver completed and approved content at end of each
- Participate in product development and design team meetings
- Actively work to enhance documentation based on customer and employee feedback
- Work with task-oriented, topic-based content in a CMS and WIKI publishing environment
- Use JIRA to track and report work progress
What You Bring To The Team (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communication, Computer Science,
- or related discipline
- Experience writing, editing, and publishing documentation for technical audiences using
- desktop publishing tools, DITA, and content management systems.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused individual who can collaborate well with others in a fast paced
- 8+ years' experience writing for software product lines, distributed systems, SaaS
- products/deployments, marketplace software/solutions, or have enough technical
- background and aptitude to dive in and get up to speed quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Designs, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional for paper, multimedia,
- mobile or web-based publication.
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
- Demonstrates expertise leading content work with cross-functional, iterative teams on time sensitive
- Experience developing API documentation explaining the concept of how an API works,
- describe fields in detail within the API reference and incorporate code examples. Familiarity
- with Swagger and other API tools is preferable.
- Produces materials that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what’s now to what’s next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we’d love to hear from you.
With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Wa – Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto – Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin – Pioneering Spirit, Challenge