Lead Writer, Business Marketing
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It's where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you'll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You'll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that's uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is a company like no other. And this is a time like no other. We've spent the last decade building one of the world's most beloved products. Now it's time for us to build one of the world's most beloved brands. We've earned the right to tell bigger stories—with more groundbreaking research—than ever before.
That's where you come in. This role is at the heart of how Pinterest shows up in the world. You'll be the writer behind our most exciting business marketing and thought-leadership narratives to date. You're right for this role because you have tons of experience writing for brand and advertiser audiences and the idea of reaching them with singular, differentiated messages that the industry hasn't seen before is enough to wake you up in the morning. You glean energy from concepting a whole messaging framework from start to finish. You can't wait to work with our research team to craft narratives that make brands think of Pinterest as a must-buy. You love geeking out on data and transforming qualitative and quantitative research into proof points that will inspire our advertisers.
This role is about shifting advertisers' perceptions of Pinterest. You'll help them change their minds about our platform from a “nice to have” to a “must buy.” You'll tell our story at scale: transforming our most powerful insights into global thought leadership that's published on our business site and in the press. There is so much room to grow in this role as we build out a world-class business writing team all over the world to meet our expanding advertiser business.
What you'll do:
- Write, write, write. You'll be the pen behind the Pin, from long-form articles for our business site to industry-leading thought leadership narratives. And that includes a red pen: You'll edit the highest priority narratives that we publish on our business site and e-learning platform.
- Find the most urgent, compelling insights that will change advertiser perception and behavior. Build your thought leadership and white papers from there.
- Become obsessed with the Pinterest advertiser audience—how they think and what will change their minds. Study them so that you can write for them. Do the hard work so they don't have to.
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate. Meet regularly with cross-functional teams at Pinterest—from our in-house research team to our world-class events team.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience writing, story-telling and developing industry narratives.
- You have extensive expertise writing for advertiser audiences at scale—from long-form narratives and thought leadership to case studies and insights-driven blog posts.
- You have experience in translating tough, complex products or policies to simple, compelling prose.
- You're a pro at crafting messaging strategies and frameworks.
- You've written great narratives that drive impressive business results, particularly among a B2B audience.
- You have a unique ability to take complex, advertiser-focused topics or products and make them human and interesting. You take the “boring” out of B2B.
- You're confident under pressure. Your work—and your words—will be literally put in front of hundreds of millions of people. You take that opportunity (and responsibility!) seriously.
- You have experience managing and working directly with senior most stakeholders (executive readiness).
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Pinterest, our mission is to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love—and that includes our employees. We’re taking on the most exciting challenges of our working lives, and we succeed with a team that represents an inclusive and diverse set of identities and backgrounds.