Manager, Global Benefits
The Manger, Global Benefits is a newly created role and is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise to build competitive global benefits programs from concept to successful implementation. You will love this role if you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to dig into the details, conduct analyses and provide consultation on a day-to-day basis related to benefit program recommendations, strategy, design, and adoption.
The responsibilities listed below are a sampling of the projects you would help to support and lead.
The Manager, Global Benefits will contribute to the global benefits strategy, advising on domestic and international health and wellness, ancillary, and retirement programs.
- Plan Design/Analysis: Recommend plan design and lead implementation of all domestic and international benefits (health and wellness, ancillary, and retirement), including trend analyses/benchmarking, employee feedback, request for proposals (RFPs), business case development, budgeting, communications, and roll-outs.
- Plan reviews, enhancements, and new benefit offerings: Manage relationships with global benefits brokers and vendors to ensure benefits offerings are cost effective, competitive, and aligned with our strategy. Review trends, measure program effectiveness, and recommend changes/enhancements and new benefit offerings given the needs of our employees.
- Employee Correspondence: Promptly respond to employee questions/concerns. Act as point-of-contact for escalated claims resolution and policy/guideline interpretation. Maintain up-to-date plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and benefit summaries. Create employee communications to enhance understanding of our programs.
- Workday: Lead Workday Benefits implementation configuration and testing. Collaborate with the HRIS team to ensure the system is accurate, reflecting changes to plan eligibility, carriers and rates. Deliver training to employees on how to navigate the system during onboarding, open enrollment, and life events.
- Cross-Functional Partnership: Work cross-functionally to implement plan changes. Align benefits administration practices to ensure smooth payroll processing, accurate employee deductions, and invoice/billing reconciliation.
- Leave of Absence: Advisor for leave of absence administration, ensuring consistency in our approach and knowledge of legislation by location. Escalation point for ensuring employees comply with conditions set forth for approved leaves such as periodic medical documentation and fitness for duty prior to returning to work, when required.
- Compliance: Remain up to date with global benefits legislation for our entity locations. Possess thorough understanding of all US state and federal legislation. Conduct impact studies on newly passed requirements. Manage non-descrimination testing and plan audits. File 5500s with support from vendor partners. Manage the full life cycle of ACA. Ensure HIPAA legal documentation requirements are met. Responsible for the oversight and administration of the COBRA program.
- Experience in a global benefits leadership role is essential, ideally in a high growth international tech startup environment. At a minimum you will have experience working across several different geographies
- Operate at multiple altitudes, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- You should have superior analytical and problem solving skills with a strong focus on attention to detail whilst delivering against tight deadlines
- Ideally you will have experience of working remotely and/or internationally coordinating with peers and team members globally and understand the challenges and opportunities of remote working and remote communication
- You will need to be an excellent communicator in all channels (in person, online, in writing) and able to form strong working relationships both in person and virtually
- You will be highly approachable while successfully being able to provide a customer service approach to your role ensuring that everyone, locally and internationally, views you as a “go to” person
- You will be in the detail and happy to own your administrative tasks through to completion
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation preferred
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.