Marketing & Media Specialist
Aptive is seeking a Marketing and Media Specialist. The ideal candidate will join a contract team that currently supports the Veterans Affairs (VA) Suicide Prevention Program team, in order to provide project management, logistics coordination, and communications product development in order to successfully plan and execute the VA / Department of Defense (DOD) Conference, scheduled to occur in August 2023, with an estimated 1,500-2,000 attendees.
The person filling this role should be sufficiently knowledgeable in both graphical communication and computer programming to create media that responds to input and interacts with users. This staff will be responsible for development of web-related content, using programming languages and design programs usually employed in website design to complete their work.
The person filling this role should also have event planning experience, including pre-conference planning, execution, and post-conference phase activities for large events.
This is a contingent, full time position. Although this is primarily a remote position, the position is expected to travel to the conference location to coordinate onsite logistics before, during or after the conference event.
Project Management and Logistics Support
- Support the government client’s Conference Planning Team and Advisory Group, in coordination and development of all pre-conference planning, execution, and post-conference phase activities.
- Support subject matter experts, as needed, to ensure smooth coordination of content development for speaker panels, breakout sessions, training events, meetings.
- Manage event logistics, including scheduling events, managing speakers and attendee needs, coordinating registration requirements, and travel details.
- Support venue selection, coordinate with venue representative for onsite needs, as needed.
- Engage event stakeholders and provide relevant information including executive leadership reports on progress
- Provide on-site support for participants during events, as necessary.
- Capture and distribute event findings, including outcomes, decisions, and action items to inform future sessions.
- Support development of protocol requirements surrounding the hosted event(s), to include planning, organizing, registration, publicity, administration, sign placement, and preparation of conference materials.
- Submits written summaries and outcomes of each event for archive and metrics reports.
Communications & Media Product Support
- Support the development of communications products, including all phases of product design, leadership review and approval, development, production, ordering and fulfillment
- Research, write, edit and manage a broad range of communications materials (e.g., articles, blogs, brochures, campaign plans, fact sheets, flyers, video scripts, social media posts, press releases) under strict deadlines
- Ensure developed products meet requirements for audience and tone in accordance with platform and that key messages are aligned with identified communication priorities.
- Work with client key stakeholders and other staff to develop media concepts and content that conveys critical information reflecting key messages, fact check copy and edit material for distribution.
- Consult with web developers to create website content and manage website updates, as needed.
- Plan and execute media distribution tactics to reach the target audience, encouraging event registration and participation, through a multiplicity of channels, ensuring channel is appropriate (social media, e-mail, press release, etc.).
- Schedule, lead and attend meetings on a regular basis, providing client-ready meeting agendas, minutes and follow-up
- Write, review and edit content for clarity, formatting consistency and to ensure technical writing style compliance (e.g., AP style and other style guidelines followed by VA and/or DoD.
- Support conference technology needs, for example coordinating with VA OIT, as needed, for utilization of the conference app.
- Work with videographer to ensure development of videos before and between conference sessions, and with graphic designer who will be designing graphic materials.
- Assist in analysis of marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Provide regular updates and reports to leadership in order to monitor progress, raise risks or issues, and other related accomplishment documentation, as requested by leadership.
- 4+ years related experience in producing media materials or event planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, or other related fields.
- Exceptional strategic communication abilities, including strong written, oral and listening skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 365, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven experience managing projects and meeting deadlines.
- Availability to provide onsite support at the conference location before, during or after the event (site location is TBD).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Experience planning and executing advertising campaigns.
- Experience organizing large conference events, with multiple breakout sessions.
- Excellent ability to communicate across most mediums and settings, including written, oral and visual communication techniques.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high-level attention to detail and ability to carry out multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking, time management, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with a project team, vendors, and senior-level stakeholders.
- Consultant experience supporting large, complex, executive-level federal clients, ideally Veterans Affairs (VA) or Department of Defense (DoD).
- Knowledge of VA and/or DoD conference policy and protocols.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
- Knowledge of mental health and/or suicide prevention field
VA Suicide Prevention Program is working alongside Department of Defense to host a joint conference in 2023.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to connect people and systems to impact the world. We’re advisors, strategists, and engineers focused on people, above all else.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
COVID 19 Vaccine Statement:
This position supports a federal government contract and is subject to government vaccination mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and proof of vaccination, or an adjudicated accommodation may be required for employment.