Mgr, Design System, Workforce Experience
Manager, Design System, Workforce Experience
About the job
Cisco’s Workforce Experience Design team is on a mission to create the best work experience, leading with human-centered design, to create an engaged and productive environment for all Cisconians. We strive to enable every employee to be at their best every day, from removing the barriers to collaboration to discovering new connections and communities. We are a global leader in technology, networking, and innovation, and we believe that helping our customers and partners begins with helping ourselves!
As the Design System Manager in our newly formed design team, you’ll play a key role in managing our design system’s execution, adoption, and overall program success. You’ll lead a group of talented Designers and UX Engineers to solve complex problems and deliver outcomes that scale across the organization and its various needs.
What you’ll do
- Shape the Workforce Experience design system strategy, applying your domain expertise and collaborating with peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Attract and retain a team of Designers, UX Engineers and specialists dedicated to building and maturing our design system
- Execute performance reviews, reward the team, and support professional development
- Collaborate with Design, Product and Engineering teams to clarify design system usage and needs
- Educate and inform the Workforce Experience design team on visual design strategy, processes, and tooling
- Implement processes and behaviours to mature the design system
- Play an active role in creating a collaborative environment, advocating for Human-Centered Design processes
- Collect, assess, and report on data that informs our system’s impact and effectiveness
Who you’ll work with
- A remote, cross-functional team of Designers, UX Engineers and specialists
- Development Managers, Product Managers, additional stakeholders who will craft product requirements
- Design System Managers at Cisco
- The Workforce Experience leadership team
Who you are
- 10+ years of professional (post-college/university) work in UX or Product Design
- 3+ years managing Designers and/or UX Engineers
- 2+ years managing and building design systems
- Experience leading inclusive teams, creating a sense of community, establishing psychological safety and supporting a growth mindset among Designers and UX Engineers
- Proven experience impacting product direction and driving clarity across multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrable experience planning and leading design systems for complex web and mobile applications
- Strong written and verbal skills
Where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all. We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!